Author: dragon8

McDonald's murder in China sparks outrage   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-6-3 13:58:23 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-6-3 13:54
fully trained professionals make mistakes - both soldiers and police - remember the Brazilian who  ...

You are barmy. You say fully trained professional make mistakes, well yes they do but if the professional makes a mistake then how many mistakes would be made by non professionals?

You say it is easy to train people to use guns, you are correct, it is easy to train them to use it but it is very hard to train someone to use it safely and at the right time.

I am still waiting for you to explain the gun deaths in relation to gun ownership when comparing the US to the UK.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-6-3 14:09:33 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-6-3 13:28
When you see someone attack someone else in a public place with a knife or a gun or physically ass ...

A few years ago I found two men fighting in my back yard, one was obvioulsy getting the upper hand, what was no evident was that one of them was a plain clothed cop, he was the one winning, should I have shot him as he looked like a baddie? Actually I went to help him and the real baddie was arrested and no one got seriously hurt.

You advocate a civilian with a gun shooting a a school killer in a croded place, how can you be sure you will hit the baddie and not one of the innocent bystanders? You can not.

Your hatred of the Brits is showing in your racist comments in labeling them all as cowards.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-3 14:10:24 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-6-3 13:33
yes, times have changed. good people have been effectively disarmed and neutered, leaving the bad  ...

If you thing not having a gun neuters you then you DO have a problem

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-3 14:13:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-6-3 14:04
But he might miss most intended targets and actually shoot himself "by accident"... ... as he so ...

Too right, he has now resorted to his racist comments against Brits in general, his usual default when on the back foot

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-3 14:15:00 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-6-3 14:08
Suppose you are the GOOD GUY (I am going out on a limb on this one just for YOUR benefit...  ) ...

It would serve him right for carrying a weapon in a public place

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-6-3 16:51:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-6-3 19:08
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-3 15:58
You are barmy. You say fully trained professional make mistakes, well yes they do but if the profe ...
I am still waiting for you to explain the gun deaths in relation to gun ownership when comparing the US to the UK.

you can keep waiting forever if you cannot understand the point i made addressing it. gun ownership is not the relevant measure - social relationships of people is the right measure to correlate with number of killings. Guns are the tools. You might as well correlate number of killings with people wearing shoes and pants as opposed to grass skirts - where people wear grass skirts, the number of shootings is much much less than in countries where people wear pants, ties and coats!!
If you can accept trained professionals making mistakes with good intentions, you might as well accept mistakes made by a well-intentioned samaritan, who has made good faith effort and learned how to use a gun appropriately.
You fail, perhaps deliberately, to see that knowing that a bullet can come from an unexpected direction is a very, very significant deterrent for a baddie. They now have very little to worry about while massacreing..
Also, not all  civilians (not military trained and those you seem to think so little of) are trigger happy nutcases who will pull out a gun everytime they see a streetfight or domestic violence. For these, people still have the choice of what they do now, without arms...

It is sad to see some of the best founding principles of the USA gone to dogs -- they were designed to become free and remain free of British tyranny. Looks like the rulers there have now found a backdoor method of achieving what the British were unable to do - have a compliant domestic population that has to scream for nanny everytime someone is killed and unable to be like how they were during independence, two hundred  years ago - a brave and proud people atleast within their own domain. Yes, they used guns to massacre the natives and that is the vestige of the British they still seem to carry. But the break from the British tradition of having a defenceless population was one of the bright spots of the USA. It has now been effectively nullified and seems to serve the interest of the rulers, not the ruled. They cannot even save themselves or their near and dear during outright killing sprees...

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-6-3 17:13:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-6-3 19:51
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-3 16:10
If you thing not having a gun neuters you then you DO have a problem

Good, honest people in places that helplessly watch massacres do have a problem without a gun to defend themselves or their loved ones.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.