Author: JFenix

Pregnant woman stoned to death by her family   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-30 07:00:30 |Display all floors
As far as the issue that this murder was caused by religion.....

I don't think that either.  But I do agree with laincoubert that religion is being used to justify cultural practices.

The real cause is the status and attitude toward females.  Its not much different in India.  Females are property of males.  They are not valued in society.  They are seen as financial drains on their parents, etc.

This father said he did not regret murdering his own daughter.  That it what I find so unbelievable.  How can the hatred of women be so ingrained that you don't have normal parental feelings towards your daughters as you would a son?  

Its instinct to protect your offspring.  Over-riding our base animal instincts takes a lot of social conditioning.

If we want to see less of this kind of stuff happening, than we should focus on attitudes towards females - not religion.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-30 08:35:39 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-5-30 07:00
As far as the issue that this murder was caused by religion.....

I don't think that either.  But I  ...
  1. If we want to see less of this kind of stuff happening, than we should focus on attitudes towards females - not religion.
Copy code
Each time you mention religion.  You  will be counter productive.

What's more, it is not even accurate.  Religion does not teach people to kill their disobedient daughters.

The 5 tenets of Islam are fasting month, prayers 5 times daily, no pork, pilgrimage, giving alms........and of course believing in the Prophet.......there is nothing about killing disobedient daughters.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-30 08:43:01 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-5-30 02:07
The problem is, no one else gets that option in the world.

No one else can say 'please don't cr ...

It is called being polite.......being friendly and being smart.

You go around criticizing the religion in front of Muslims, that is tantamount to a declaration of war........

And it is not even accurate. The religion did not teach people to kill their disobedient daughters.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-30 09:01:57 |Display all floors
honour killings was done by a family

the execution was done under sharia law
under sharia law everything was ok
that's the prescribed punishment under sharia law if family chooses to "punish" ones daughter

don't know if you can be ok with it?
sharia law uses religion as its cornerstone
words written down '000s years ago

ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-30 09:14:11 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-5-30 08:43
It is called being polite.......being friendly and being smart.
You go around criticizing the religion in front of Muslims, that is tantamount to a declaration of war........

And you agree with that?

Would you think it would be reasonable for any other group?

Criticize the hindus and they go to war.....

Criticize the jews and they go to war.....

Criticize the christians and they go to war.....

Does that sound very smart?

Again I ask you, why would you give special treatment to muslims and not anyone else?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-30 09:27:23 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2014-5-30 09:01
honour killings was done by a family

the execution was done under sharia law

so an Aussie become an expert in sharia law ?

you been to Islamic Universities ?

isn't your attitude  the source of of your problems?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-30 09:32:55 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-5-30 09:14
And you agree with that?

Would you think it would be reasonable for any other group?

don't deal in religion unless you want to go to war.

I think that is a very good advice.

religion................especially from the point of the view of the oppressed ...attracts the most defensive emotions.

play with fire, burn by fire...................what can be more logical than that?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.