Author: Coulomb

What is Racism?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-26 17:38:38 |Display all floors
The us vs them genes are real and will be around as long as there are humans.......watched World Cup football?

Sometimes, when things are moving in the right direction, hands off is the best policy.

Sometimes, when things are moving in the wrong direction, direct government intervention is the best policy.

And sometimes, when countries and societies are too individualistic, too uncaring.........the people will not take the required medicine in sufficient dosage and long enough to produce good results........

.......in such cases, all that happens is a built up of anti biotic resistance.

The patient giving the medicine a bad name because the patient has no tolerance for medicine.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-26 19:58:38 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-25 20:58
*I do not agree with any of this reverse discrimination, all discrimination is wrong, it should be ...

We have that issue in the US.  It was all very well meaning and perhaps necessary to combat the racism at that time.

But the effects have been to encourage racism among some groups.  Well the black community - I can speak about this.   My oldest daughter is mixed.  She has suffered from more racism from the black community than with whites.  Not to say there are still not a lot of racist white folks...but the black community has given her the most grief.

You can't be 'bi-racial' - you have to 'choose' which race you are and if you have one drop of african blood in you, you better call yourself 'black'.  If you don't - it is seen as highly offensive.  Its a rejection of sorts.  

If you are white growing up in the US, if you claim pride for your race than you are a racist.  But then we tell everyone else to have pride in their race.  So the consequence has been that race is important to every other group except for whites.

IMO - race should not be important to anyone.  There is one race - the human race.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-6-26 21:22:28 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-6-26 19:58
We have that issue in the US.  It was all very well meaning and perhaps necessary to combat the ra ...

I treat everyone as I find them whatever race creed or colour.

I still claim ( am I know you disagree with me ) that the American habit of adding a prefix to American is devisive and aids segregation amongst people. If you are American then so be it, no need to add African, Irish or whatever in front of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-26 22:29:44 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-26 21:22
I treat everyone as I find them whatever race creed or colour.

I still claim ( am I know you disa ...

Identification with the group, with the race , with the country of origin is very a human trait.

Every parent irrespective of race will drum that into their children

The only exception will be robots and fat lungs.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-26 22:36:59 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-25 20:58
*I do not agree with any of this reverse discrimination, all discrimination is wrong, it should be ...

Top at the top of the food chain surely do not want any changes.......

.....they think they should be Lords forever and the rest should be their slave.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-26 22:41:26 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-6-26 19:58
We have that issue in the US.  It was all very well meaning and perhaps necessary to combat the ra ...
  1. IMO - race should not be important to anyone.  There is one race - the human race.
Copy code
The whites are at top of the food chain in America.

Surely, being at the top........you want everyone to kneel down and obey or else.

I think the blacks and the red Indians should choose or else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-26 22:48:33 |Display all floors

Not a single person thinks the weaker, the poorer should be helped.

That is how ugly things are.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.