Author: Coulomb

What is Racism?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-27 06:56:08 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-6-26 22:41
The whites are at top of the food chain in America.
Surely, being at the top........you want everyone to kneel down and obey or else.

I know of no one who thinks in this way.  After the civil rights movement, this kind of thinking just does not fly anywhere.  You can get fired from your job for making racist comments.  

There are more cases of 'white guilt' than white supremacists.  Those are a tiny minority and looked at as ignorant.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-6-27 09:03:36 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-6-26 22:29
Identification with the group, with the race , with the country of origin is very a human trait.

Identification if fine, descrimination is not, that is how I bring up my kids, maybe you should too

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-6-27 09:04:26 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-6-26 22:36
Top at the top of the food chain surely do not want any changes.......

.....they think they shoul ...

I am not at the top of the food chain so your theory does not wash

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-27 09:05:04 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-6-26 22:41
The whites are at top of the food chain in America.

Please think very very carefully, what colour is the man in Americas top job?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-27 10:11:41 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-26 21:22
I treat everyone as I find them whatever race creed or colour.

I still claim ( am I know you disa ...
I still claim ( am I know you disagree with me ) that the American habit of adding a prefix to American is devisive and aids segregation amongst people. If you are American then so be it, no need to add African, Irish or whatever in front of it

I'm totally cool with it.  It shows respect.  The only ethnicity that is 'american' are the native americans.   Everyone else came from somewhere else.  Our roots, ethnicity, lineage, etc.  is all foreign.  The hypens recognize that.  And we should always know that we don't really belong here.  Its not our ancestral home.  If we claimed that, it would be disrespectful to native americans.  

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-27 11:53:37 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-6-27 10:11
I'm totally cool with it.  It shows respect.  The only ethnicity that is 'american' are the nati ...

Again I disagree, the natives should not be called American at all by your logic, the place was not called America until after the "foreigners" came.

Until ethnic titles are dropped then there can be no true integration

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-27 12:54:18 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-27 11:53
Again I disagree, the natives should not be called American at all by your logic, the place was no ...

until prison cells are not dominantly blacks, until welfare homes are not dominantly blacks.....................America is just a shame.

a rich country, but cannot help the blacks to uplift themselves.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.