Author: voice_cd

What's your opinion about riots against Chinese?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-19 16:27:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-19 20:59:56 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-5-19 16:20
Those "historical" claims amount to absolutely nothing. Zheng He might have made a pic-nic stop  ...

You would be qualified to give your version of events if you were on board those ships of Admiral Zheng but you were not. In 200 AD when China discovered these islands, which countries in the world existed as national entities? Who could China notify? Was it a requirement by all nations to notify other nations of their territorial claims in 200 AD?

We can fast forward to recent times and you will find China never deviated from her stance:
Until the 1930s, the Chinese claim to the Paracel and Spratly islands appeared to be unchallenged. It was, in fact, confirmed by several international and Chinese domestic acts. In 1883, the German government tried to survey the Spratly Islands, but stopped when China protested. After Vietnam (Annam) became a protectorate of France in 1884, a Convention respecting the Delimitation
of the Frontier between China and Tonkin (Vietnam) was signed on June 26,1887.
Generous treatment of captured enemy troops.
Death to those that choose to fight.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-19 21:36:42 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-5-19 11:29
No one has explained to you EEZ's are not used in international law to determine what belongs to w ...

Your post only shows that you have no idea what you are talking about. It is absolute nonsense. Do not expect me or others here to explain the Law of the Sea for you. You should be clever enough to google for these rules.

There are definitions for what is an island, what is just a rock or reef. Which one of them have a 200 Nautical mile around them and which have just 12 nautical miles.

Sure, with your bright mind, you may ask what happen if two countries coastlines are less than 400 nautical miles apart. You may guess the answer: They will meet in the middle. As an example: Taiwan and the Philippines most northerly island is less than 200 nautical miles apart. So each country retains a 100 nautical mile EEC in that particular area.

And why you come to the conclusion that the USA cannot have territory beyond their 200 nautical EEC along its Western coast ? Of course there is Hawaii and Guam and Alaska. But your conclusion only shows how less you actually know about those things.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-19 22:06:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by NgTran at 2014-5-19 22:06

Is China extending her territorial claim 200 miles from these islands to include Vietnam's or the Philippines coastlines?

YES ! If you want to go swimming at any beach of Luzon or Palawan island you must not forget your passport, because you may easily cross the nine dash line and swim into "Chinese claimed territory".

It has nothing to do with hatred towards China, but more with a sense of justice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-19 22:10:20 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-5-19 21:52
Your post shows a blind hatred towards anything to do with China. So if the US can lay claim to Ala ...

The last argument is always: You hate China !

Forget it. I do not hate ! I like and I respect Chinese people as much as any other people.

But when it comes to governments and their actions you cannot forbid me to have my own personal opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-19 22:19:19 |Display all floors

Original foot steps of Admiral Zheng He found on one of the Paracel Islands. Unfortunately the evidence was washed away yesterday.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-19 22:32:23 |Display all floors
They are neither uninhabited nor unclaimed. These islands, far away from Hainan, had changed control or ownership many times. It does not mean, that the one who was there first has the right to own it.

Therefor Italy cannot claim today what was 2000 years ago their property.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.