Views: 3021|Replies: 6

Homosexuality in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-16 14:38:44 |Display all floors
Recently a student asked myself about homosexuality abroad and wether it is normal that two men or women can be a couple and live together.

I told them that they also face problems here and then in the west but from my perspective it is nothing really bad like being asked stupid questions over and over again or even fearing for their safety.

This student told me that this is much better than in China.

Actually apart from a starbucks employee who seems to be homosexual I did not have much contact with them around here and what their life is like.

In Germany I know some couples who are having a good life and live just like heterosexual couples together but around here... Dunno! At least what gives something to think that several obviously Chinese users here try to insult other board members with the accusation of being gay.

So how is it for homosexuals in China? What kind of problems do they face?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-17 18:29:20 |Display all floors
In China, as in most other countries, it is most likely frowned on. Although we pass laws preventing the discrimination  of those who prefer same sex partners, homosexuals, transgenders, bisexuals, or whichever/whatever, many still do. What is considered normal by most lately has been turned inside out by the gay revolution. This doesn't mean you have to participate in it, nor go along with it, but in many job related incidents people have lost employment for making fun of these people. Meanwhile, it keeps the lawyers busy racking in money with harassment lawsuits for those being made fun of, or discriminated against.
Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can never hurt you... A bull shit saying now days!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-18 14:31:25 |Display all floors
Interesting! Never heard that there are laws about that in China and that these laws are being followed.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-5-18 15:37:29 |Display all floors
Fischkopp Post time: 2014-5-18 14:31
Interesting! Never heard that there are laws about that in China and that these laws are being follo ...

They wouldn't be followed, like the no smoking signs that musta cost fortunes to put up all over the place that no one takes any notice of

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-20 11:41:29 |Display all floors
Most things are just suggestions in China. Traffic Lights, Road Signs, No Smoking Signs, Do Not Enter, etc.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 10:39:49 |Display all floors
Most of people know homosexuality, but they don't recognize it
most people, especiall parents still think it is a kind of disease. if they find their children are homo, it must drive them crazy
So many homo will hide their reall sexual orientation so as to avoid attacts from outside
some even force to marry straight peole causing unhappiness in their whole life

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-27 09:32:40 |Display all floors
It will take a long time for most of Chinese people to accept it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.