Post time 2014-5-14 17:07:08 |Display all floors
Activity type:
Online activity
Start time:
2014-5-14 16:59:00 to 2014-6-30 16:59 agreed on
Activity location:
Number of registered people:
4 Person

International Day of the Families is celebrated on 15 May on the global platform, which provides an opportunity to promote awareness of issues relating to families.

Building a close family is not an easy thing to do, which supposedly has to involve with love, care, patience, devotion, you name it.

As we know, there are many members here who are in cross-cultural marriges. It's understandable that they have to overcome more obstacles to build a strong and close family. There must be difficult issues for cross-cultural couples to face up with.

At this special occasion, we invite you to look at cross-cultural families.  If you happen to be in a cross-cultural marrige, do share your experience with us. If not, voice your opinion on how to build a happy cross-cultural family.

Temporarily fail to pass (1 Person)

Leave a message Application date
qingmoniao 2014-9-12 18:00:31

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 20:35:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by vf84tcat at 2014-6-25 18:55

I am an American Caucasian married to a Chinese woman of Han descent. We love each other dearly but one issue I have is her powerful allegiance to her birth family. I knew this was part of Chinese culture before we married but nevertheless it still bothers me a bit. She is frequently concerned about how her family will perceive her actions rather than being more secure in herself.

Growing up in the West I too love my birth family but my culture says once you grow up and marry that is now your primary family.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 21:43:05 |Display all floors
love will remove all obstacles, and true love will be established during deeply understandable each other.

we should accept all difference of the both life background and in coming days we will recognize the genuine cultural custom.
life is colorful with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 23:14:04 |Display all floors
love,caring,forgiving overcome all varieties of cross-cultural obstacle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 23:33:09 |Display all floors
Place her above yourself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-15 02:24:28 |Display all floors
I'm also an American with a Chinese wife and I can tell you my life has never been so wonderful.  We know many Chinese American marriages and I find that both need to have patience, understanding and love.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-15 03:16:14 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.