Views: 23640|Replies: 155

Misconceptions about China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-13 16:41:40 |Display all floors
I always thought that misconceptions about China are overpast , but I’m wrong. …

Once a friend from Swaziland told me that he came to China because he wants to learn martial arts and he thought most of Chinese men are masters of Chinese Kung Fu…. And, a NZ guy said he thought Chinese cuisines are weird before he reached here. He thought we Chinese eat all of the things…like tiger, birds…

Well…are there any other misconceptions do you have before you came to China? It seems our foreign friends need more truth and information about China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 11:53:27 |Display all floors
I have travelled the world for more than 40 years. I've been through a lot of security checkpoints. What I discovered about China is most of  those checkpoints are staffed by women who search not only the privacy of women's bodies but men's too. I had never encountered any country that allowed opposite gender searches. I found out China allows female security to search men and boys but never allows male security to search women and girls not even with just the hand held metal detector. I found this practice to be highly offensive because it assumes:
1.) ALL males (like animals) cannot be trusted around females
2.) ALL males (like animals) have no concern for dignity therefore they won't mind if a female searches them.
This is blatant, disrepectful gender discrimination I am not an animal I'm a respectful man.
This policy makes China look disrespectful to many people in the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 12:06:53 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-5-14 11:53
I have travelled the world for more than 40 years. I've been through a lot of security checkpoints.  ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 12:40:38 |Display all floors
I suppose I thought there would be more teahouses...I haven't found any in Harbin yet. (I am aware other cities have lots)
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 13:36:26 |Display all floors
I have travelled the world for more than 40 years. I've been through a lot of security checkpoints.  ...

Which real man would ever complain about a woman searching his body or think it disrespectful?

The security checks must be gone through, why would you prefer to be searched by a man? Is there something that you're not telling us?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 16:30:24 |Display all floors
ExileMick Post time: 2014-5-14 13:36
Which real man would ever complain about a woman searching his body or think it disrespectful?

T ...

Because I love my wife and that intimacy is reserved for no other female than her.
How about you and your wife or do you care what she thinks?

Or maybe you just don't respect yourself and believe the CPC that ALL men are not trustworthy around women? Sounds like you're thinking a security search has something to do with sex instead of mutual respect for the genders?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-5-14 21:33:43 |Display all floors

Let it rest, you have had your own thread on this so leave this comment on that thread

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.