Views: 8666|Replies: 38

Christianity is poisonous   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-8 21:57:59 From mobile |Display all floors
So I have been living in China for a while now, but in resent years I have noticed a large increase in the amount of Chinese who are turning to Christianity.
When I asked one of my Chinese friends why he believes in Christianity he replied "because America believes in god and they are the most successful and powerful country in the world, so if I believe in god I can be successful"

So Is there a god?

Who knows. I could write a hundred books saying there is not and you would probably argue that you only need one to prove that there is. But this is where you are wrong.
For the purpose of this argument let's say that there is a god. So if there is a god, how does the bible prove this? The bible was created by man (not woman, we will come to this later) and not just man but hundreds of men from tales and stories past down from person to person over hundreds of years. There is no evidence to prove any of these stories and common sense alone tells us that that's all they are "stories".
These stories were write in a time when people believed the earth was flat and that the sun revolves around us. This is not stupidity, they just didn't know any better. Modern science tho has taught us that this is not the case, so why with all our new found knowledge do we still believe and follow a two thousand year old story book?

The bible is not a reliable guide to christs teachings.
Mark, the oldest of the gospels, was written at least 30 years after christs death, and the newest of them might have been written more than two hundred years after his death. These texts have been amended, translated, and re-translated so often that it's extremely difficult to gauge the accuracy of current editions. This was such a problem that the Jesus seminar, a colloquium of over two hundred Protestant gospel scholars mostly employed at religious colleges and seminaries, undertook in 1985 a multi-year investigation into the historicity of the statements and deeds attributed to Jesus in the New Testament. They concluded that only 18% of the statements and 16% of the deeds attributed to Jesus had a high likelihood of being historically accurate. So, in a very real sense fundamentalists who claim to believe in the literal truth of the bible are not followers of Jesus Christ; rather, they are followers of those who, decades or centuries later, put words in his mouth. So again why do people to this day still follow this book?

Christianity is based on fear.
While today Christians preach a gospel of love, they ignore the bulk of christian teachings, not to mention the bulk of Christian history.
Throughout almost it's entire time Christianity has been driven by fear of death, fear of the devil and fear of hell. You can only imagine how potent these threats seemed prior to the rise of science and rational thinking, but even today, the existence of the devil and hell are preached by fundamentalist preachers who openly resort to terrorizing and brainwashing their followers with lurid, sadistic portraits of the suffering of nonbelievers after death. This is not an attempt to convince through logic and reason; it is not an attempt to appeal to the better nature of individuals; rather, it is an attempt to whip the flock into line through threats, through appeals to the base of human nature - fear and cowardice.

Christianity preys on the innocent.
If Christianity terrorizing and brainwashing were directed solely at adults, it would be bad enough, but Christians routinely terrorize helpless children through horrifying depictions of the endless horrors and suffering they'll be subjected to if they don't live good Christian lives. Christianity has darkened the early years of generations after generations of children, who have lived in terror of dying while in mortal sin and going to endless torment as a result. All of these children were trusting of adults, and they did not have the ability to analyze what they were being told; they were simply helpless victims, who, ironically, victimized following generations in the same manner that they themselves had been victimized. This is child abuse plain and simple. The nearly two thousand years of Christianity. Terrorizing of children ranks as one of its greatest crimes. And it's one that continues today.

Christianity is based on dishonesty.
The Christian appeal to fear, to cowardice is an admission that the evidence supporting Christian beliefs is far from compelling. If the evidence were such that Christianity's truth was immediately apparent to anyone who considered it,  Christians including those who wrote the gospels would feel no need to resort to the cheap tactics of using fear inducing threats to inspire "belief".
How deep dishonesty runs in Christianity can be gauged by one of the most popular Christian arguments for belief in god: pascals wager. This "wager" holds that it's safer to "believe" in god (as if belief was a choice) than not to believe, because god might exist, and if he does, he will save "believers" and condemn nonbelievers to hell after death. This is an appeal to pure cowardice. It has absolutely nothing to do with the search for truth. Instead, it's an appeal to abandon honesty and intellectual integrity, and to pretend that this fake belief is the same thing as actual belief. If god really exists, I wonder how he would judge the cowards and hypocrites who advance and bow to this particularly craven "wager".

One of the things that annoys me most about Christianity is that Christians believe that they need god to be a good person and that the bible teaches them how to do so. There are so many things wrong with this thinking. The bible is equally full of good and evil and can be interpreted which ever way you need. The bible contains a warrant for trafficking in humans, for ethnic cleansing, for slavery, for bride-price, and for indiscriminate massacre. For example if I wanted to stone someone to death because they didn't believe in my god I could justify this because it says it's ok in the bible, and if I didn't I would go to hell

The bible does NOT teach us wrong from right. And if your only being good because your to scared of being punished by god you are probably going to hell anyway (remember your imaginary friend is in your head and knows what your thinking)

A few years back I got into a conversation with a fellow teacher that I was working with while teaching English here in china. At the time I didn't know that she was religious. So we got on to the topic of Kung fu and I told her that an old master of mine had stacked up nine bricks flat on the floor placed his newspaper on top, and with one hit with the palm of his hand broke all nine bricks. It was truly amazing and had taken him sixty years of hard work and dedication to perfect this awesome skill. But no sooner had I finished telling the story, this coworker of mine responded with "eh yeah that's because god gave him the power to do it" . I was speechless and had to walk away, how is it that god has time to give my Chinese, non Christian, chain smoking, racist, woman abusing, alcoholic the power to break nine bricks to show off in front of his students. Surly he is to busy giving children cancer and turning a blind eye while priests physically abuse young boys.

I can not say that there is no god, just as you can't say there is a god. But I can say that everything you think you know is wrong. The bible teaches us nothing, if anything it corrupts and manipulates people

There are people in this world doing good. There are people in this world doing evil.
It takes religion to get good people to do evil.

A common response to the question "how do you know there is a god" is "I just know". How do you know? Most people who say they are hearing gods voice in their heads are lying to make themselves seem special. The others should probably pay a visit to their local psychologist. God does not speak to you. You are not special. It's time to grow up and take responsibility for your own life and stop this childish need to have an imaginary friend take care of you.

Religion is retarding the growth of our species in just about every area of life

On more than one occasion I've been asked why do I hate god or why can't I just let the believers get on with it and worry about my own life.
First of all I don't hate god. What I hate and can't stand is the stupidity of the people who follow the bible. They think they know everything but only have one answer "god" this is lazy, childish, uneducated rubbish.  
Even if the evidence is laid out in front of them they are so stubborn they will still not even consider different points of view.
So why don't I let these idiots get on with it and worry about my own life? Because religion is a virus and the sooner people realize this the better and we can move on from childish fantasies of needing a safety net and live our own lives.
Most religious believers are harmless but ignoring it and letting them do their own thing creates growing room for religious extremists. These people know how to use religion to manipulate other (usually good people) into doing evil things.

Should religion be banned?
Absolutely not. It's a massive part of our history and culture. And many people need it for various reasons. But firstly it should not be forced on children and secondly it is in desperate need of updating. The bible does not fit into these modern times

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 20:38:53 |Display all floors
Churches. There is no better place for a bunch of hypocrites to get together!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 22:31:23 |Display all floors
Do not worry with the right Baptist pastor every one will have a Bently care soon
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-10 01:43:27 |Display all floors
Why are you trying to take the Lord's people away ? Your thread reminded of something from the Holy Bible I was just reading, a man was urging people to not believe what the missionaries said, and one said the Lord will strike you blind now maybe this will stop you from turning people away from Him, and he instantly became blind . What you said about God and your friend being a Christian for earthy things, it is certainly not the way to the Lord, sounds insane really to think of such a thing, you do know what Jesus says about the rich ? Our riches are in Heaven, not of this world, it is of a divine nature, and food for the soul, giving faith, amazing things not of this earth .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-10 03:37:48 |Display all floors
Should not have maybe compared you, as such, sorry . But it is like you are speaking of my essence, you are by saying the Christian faith is poisonous, in truth it seems your words are poisonous, speaking of Jesus and money in such a way seems evil, poisonous .

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-5-10 03:42:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2014-5-9 20:51

I found out that usually poisonous is not a religion (or philosophy) as such, but people involved
...but most of them are just boring

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-10 03:43:19 |Display all floors
So what of me, I felt God saying He would be calling on me soon and Jesus did, by the Holy Spirit called this church sent a letter, I've been going on about the bands, what they have been going, have a drawing I know is divine from Jesus with an angel on it, thank you Jesus, Isaiah 66:12-16 from the Holy Bible I know goes with it, and a whole lot of things too have happened, and there will be good from it, like from this church some bands and spies, my sons, there will be good .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.