Author: voice_cd

Mother’s Day 2014: Your stories!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-5 23:19:22 |Display all floors
My mom has done many jobs in order to bring my brother and I up. Since my mom is just a poor-educated country woman, most of the jobs my mom did were dirty and heavy jobs. What impressed me most is she worked as a woman migrant who did the same thing as man migrant, such as shouldering a large basket of bricks that weigh more than 30 kilograms into a five floors high building, with burning Sun in the sky in summer. She had to work at least 9 hours a day with little rest at noon. My mom’s co-migrants all said she is as strong as a man. When she got home in the evening, her hair is covered with dust, let alone the clothes. Once I was washing the jeans my mom wore as working clothes, my finger was hurt by the hard dry-cement on it. Never will I forgot the scene when I happened to see my mom clamping bricks into the baskets under her from bricks wall that twice as tall as her. As she wore an earthy yellow jacket at that time, she just mixed herself into the earthy yellow bricks wall. I hope my mom could live a comfortable and happy life in the coming years of her life journey. MOM LOVE IS THE MOST PRICELESS LOVE IN THE WORLD. HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-5-5 23:22:25 |Display all floors
Mothers day was in March in the UK

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-6 07:05:26 |Display all floors
Mama ,You know I love you .Infact i have owed my mother ,i owe her alot not been able to pay .I Sometimes secretely crying because what my mother did to me is immersurable from childhood and up till now she is still worry about my future .
Mom, I love u .may u live 1000 yrs ,may You have good health .
Mom ,forgive me for the errors I used to commit .mom, you are great.
Its raining in Gz now just indoors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-6 09:38:07 |Display all floors
The Mother's day makes me very sad, cause my mom  left us to another world, i miss her so so much. Nothing can replace her position in my heart. I love you,my dear mom, for ever.

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-5-6 09:52:00 |Display all floors
One day, I peeled an apple and the peel did not break. While holding up the long strand of peel, I gleefully proclaimed that I was good a peeling apples, and I could make a career of it. My mother intoned: "That's the thing about a career: you only get to do the one thing, over and over." I was crushed. I had expected praise, and I got slam-dunked.
After she made her devastating observation of my success, I was horrified at the idea of having to do the same thing, over and over, for the rest of my life. I vowed I would never, ever do that. And I never have.
I've been a nanny, a factory production worker, a restaurant worker and a sales clerk, I've been an office worker, a mechanic and later (after some education) an engineer,  and now I am a teacher and traveler. The only stability in my life was, and still is my mother's grandchildren. For them I stayed in one place, long enough to assure their future success.
At the time I thought it was rather cruel of my mother to ridicule my success, but now I see that she was giving me the freedom to experience everything life has to offer without being tied to a social must: a stable career. My life has been so rich because of her observation.
My mother is now 19 years in her grave. Still, there is not a day when I don't think of her and pay her tribute. Wish everyone who qualifies Happy Mother's Day!
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-5-6 09:53:20 |Display all floors
wpywood Post time: 2014-5-5 23:01
My childhood suffered from a long period of comminuted fracture, haunted by the risk of potential di ...

WOW!!! What a story! I'm so glad you're better, and that you had such a wonderful, strong mother to help see you though.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-6 14:11:18 |Display all floors
love can create miracles! salute moms all over the world!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.