Views: 1634|Replies: 13

School condom sales spark row [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-26 09:09:06 |Display all floors
Parents fear that a decision by health authorities in Xi'an, Shaanxi province, allowing middle schools to sell condoms on campus will promote teenage sex. The move has been made to curb an increase in HIV/AIDS cases.

First lady named UNESCO envoy for women, girls

Protect those most vulnerable to HIV
"The decision was made by the provincial government after in-depth research and car ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-26 09:09:07 |Display all floors
I am a US citizen retired and living in China for 5 years. I am not aware of an increase of sexually transmitted diseases among teenagers in America. And, schools don’t sell condoms to children. However, outside of school structure, governments and parents do provide condoms discreetly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-26 10:18:52 |Display all floors
i think it's neccessary.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-26 10:19:52 |Display all floors
i think it's neccessary.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-26 10:22:48 |Display all floors
i think is a good idea but will students dare go to buy condoms in the face of teachers?condoms is not something you need prescription.they can as well have it in the next store around.they just don't like using condoms.selling condoms in school doesn't encourage the usage of it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-26 15:13:30 |Display all floors
Please do not over react! Condom will not reduce the exposure to sexual intercourse. Truth is most youngsters are more informed these days. Most appropriate is to get the young understand and be responsible for sexual intercourse. Its consequences may be more than harmful. A bright future is ruined because of AIDS!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-26 16:22:51 |Display all floors
Whether the condom can be bought in campus is not important, people include students can buy it from shops.  What is important is to teach our students how to deal with sex requirement. Does it has some hink function?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.