Author: Chris126

A man marries two women in China   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-4-18 07:28:26 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-4-18 07:10
China does have it's goods and bads, agreed, but those that refuse to accept the bad points are ba ...

I have to agree. What I find so amusing is the biggest defenders are mostly folks who haven't been to China or who have been once or twice and seen things on a very limited scale. I'll defend China sure as it's in transition and that is something a lot of people do not understand or appreciate. China as I am sure you are aware is on an accelerated modernisation track and like any nation that has created many problems that were not anticipated, problems we too went through in the 1st world and so you have a constant game of plugging leaks in the proverbial dyke that is modern China. From feudal and largely illiterate to the the second largest economy in the world in 65 years is impressive regardless of the problems it's created.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-18 08:10:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by futsanglung at 2014-4-18 08:13
Ratfink Post time: 2014-4-18 07:28
I have to agree. What I find so amusing is the biggest defenders are mostly folks who haven't been ...

Actually I feel a lot of the mistakes have been made in the rush for cities to compete and to say " we can do that " instead of having more centralised planning.

One thing that amazes me in Shanghai is the Pudong area ( where I live and work).

In real terms it is less than 20 years old and when I first went there in 1997 it was mainly farmland. The planners had an open book and could have layed out things in a better way but the road layout and the infrastructure leave a lot to be desired.
I also feel that China needs to introduce better regulation of what can be built where and to what standard, for example why can not all new building not be required to have solar panals on the roof? A little can go a long way in this aspect.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-18 16:54:44 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-4-17 13:08
I wonder about Hail China, when he stays off the pro China bandwagon he ain't too bad but when he  ...

They did not get basic boot camp training in East Europe prior to 1990
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-18 16:57:40 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2014-4-18 16:54
They did not get basic boot camp training in East Europe prior to 1990

Basic training as easier nowadays, wimps!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-19 17:17:31 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-4-18 09:57
Basic training as easier nowadays, wimps!!!!!!

Yes but to handle life in a country with one party system there was no better boot camp then east Europe
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-20 14:51:21 |Display all floors
fun,

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.