Author: nosherwanabbasi

Good Bye - Window's XP   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-14 11:18:31 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-4-14 10:17
Ubuntu is free and it works well for surfing the internet and comes with a free office suite.
The tr ...

So get out there and invent some shareware that will compete with them

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-14 11:27:24 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-4-14 09:24
Typical Microsoft, they love to dictate to customer what they should do.

XP is better than 7 or 8 i ...

Haha if anyone is the dictator in the world of OS's, it's Apple...
All your islands are belong to us!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-14 11:32:57 |Display all floors
Zoggles Post time: 2014-4-14 11:27
Haha if anyone is the dictator in the world of OS's, it's Apple...

Sorry but how many PC's work on Microsoft and how many on apple systems?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-14 11:59:03 |Display all floors
I was thinking more about the freedom of choice.. choice of OS version, choice of customisation and settings within said OS.. Apple makes almost all choices for the consumer.

Not quite sure I follow you on what the number of PCs have to do with anything - except cutting the cord on a larger quantity of people.

As for Linux.. tried that one time (albeit a very long time ago) and it didn't like my graphics card. Unable to boot up and unable to uninstall, or reinstall anything over it, I had to low-level format my drive. Sure, its better now, but 90% of the software I am accustomed to using isn't available for it - except by using a windows emulator.

But as for XP, so there's no more support, no more auto updates..  doesn't mean that tomorrow my PC will be unusable. But it is a shame because in my opinion XP was the nicest iteration of Windows made - from reliability, customisability, development, and usability perspectives.
All your islands are belong to us!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-4-14 13:21:56 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-4-14 09:24
Typical Microsoft, they love to dictate to customer what they should do.

XP is better than 7 or 8 i ...

Exactly!    

My Acer is equipped with Win 8 and I've been using XP on my computer though my colleauges use Win 7, which means I skipped Win 7 and got myself involved with Win 8 directly, which took me a long time 2 b used 2 it! And recently Win 8.1 has been recommended when it starts up, but I refused 2 update.    

Smile at whatever happens.
任它花开花落,一笑而过!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-14 13:26:40 |Display all floors
Perfumecity Post time: 2014-4-14 13:21
Exactly!   

My Acer is equipped with Win 8 and I've been using XP on my co ...

I have two computers here in my office, one on XP, the other on 7, I prefer the XP and use that one the most

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-4-14 13:33:28 |Display all floors
There will b one day 2 say goodbye 2 win 8.1.   

U will always be lagging behind if u try 2 keep up with the trend, in spite of the fact that u r driven 2 do it.     

Smile at whatever happens.
任它花开花落,一笑而过!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.