Views: 4086|Replies: 2

Dear Chang'e 4, please carry a laser reflector. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-12 19:03:39 |Display all floors
Dear Chang'e 4,

your older sibling has made an incredible journey and shown the way.

When it is your turn to visit the Moon, can you please carry a laser reflector with you.

It will let all of us back here on Earth know exactly how far away you are.

It has been a very long time since it has been possible to set one on the Moon, and now the others don't work so good anymore.

If you take one with you, you can shine light back to us and we can measure the time it took for the trip and work out your distance from us.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-13 09:18:48 |Display all floors
If you can bring Jade Rabbit back
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-13 16:41:15 |Display all floors
Before the next mission leaves we should all contribute suggestions for science instrument packages to be included.

Laser reflectors are passive instruments and will continue to work for many years even if the terrible conditions on the Moon consume the vehicle.

Bring back Yutu, perhaps some future visitors will bring bits back, like the Apollo 12 Astronauts did with the Surveyor 3 camera that landed before them.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.