Author: liuyumao

试译 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-15 10:51:56 |Display all floors
liuyumao Post time: 2014-4-15 08:20
as your said that I will study hard ,or I could learn from you ,others i don't like toreador my wr ...

I'm not a professional translator . Actually,  you also have to spend a great deal of time getting to know Chinese culture or literature if you care to be a professional translater like  Howard Goldblatt, who is said to have spent a lot of time studying Chinese and Chinese literature.  And I'd argue that  Howard Goldblatt should be a role model for you or other Chinese students keen to be  knowledgable translators , in spite of his nationality. He is American, you know.

Just be a voracious reader first before you set about translating Chinese sentences into English. That's what  a writer told me via an email.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-15 11:02:48 From mobile |Display all floors
tedbrent Posted On  Yesterday 15:54
liuyumao Post time: 2014-4-14 06:54      
why?  
You tell me....

I write Chinese novel ,I studied English when I was 15 years,For 30years,I do not study it.thank you told me the american's friend .you could tell me his email.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-15 11:16:19 |Display all floors
liuyumao Post time: 2014-4-15 11:02
I write Chinese novel ,I studied English when I was 15 years,For 30years,I do not study it.thank y ...

Buddy, she is an American novelist. I sent an email asking her how to write well years ago, you know. To which she replied " be a voracious reader first. Just read and read like me."  Sorry, I can't find her email adress anymore, thanks to Yahoo's decision to close down its Yahoo email service. Meaning that email adresss can not be traced back to my old Yahoo emailbox. What a pity. I wish I could still gain access to my old Yahoo emailbox.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-15 11:26:38 |Display all floors
I write Chinese novel ,I studied English when I was 15 years,For 30years,I do not study it.thank y ...

Maybe you could google  Howard Goldblatt  to find his email address.  I'm not sure if he can be reached or not online. Buddy, it's worth giving a try because  he's the go-to guy  in this field.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-15 11:44:23 |Display all floors
  I have found one for you. But I'm not sure if he is the owner of this email adress. or whether he is still using it.  But it doesn't hurt to give a try, I suppose. Just pick his brain about how to be a qualified translator if he is the expert you are looking for.

Let me make clear again that I'm not sure if he is the owner of this email address. I could be wrong about his email adress.

Here is the one I found it for you just now : gehaowen@aol.com.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-15 11:44:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2014-4-15 11:45

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-15 11:46:36 |Display all floors

I have found one for you. I'm not sure if he is the owner of this email adress or whether he is still using it.  But it doesn't hurt to give a try, I suppose. Just pick his brain about how to be a qualified translator if he is the expert you are looking for.

Let me make clear again that I'm not sure if he is the owner of this email address. I could be wrong about his email adress.

Here is the one I found it for you just now : gehaowen@aol.com.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.