Views: 5796|Replies: 10

Should the MODERATORS on the CD NEWS TALK, be only MEN [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-5-16 07:34:50 |Display all floors
Is it possible that the CONFLICT in the News Talk Area is amplified by the nature of female moderators.

That their nature stirs conflict between the men who would otherwise solve their disputes between themselves.

I have no doubt, that the MEN who write in here, foreigners or Chinese would be better able to solve all disputes between themselves.

It is well known that the difference between the thinking of many Chinese women is very different to that of Chinese men and as this is a News Talk Forum, with the largest part of the writers all being men, should then, the Chinese moderators not be, Chinese men.

I think so, what do you think ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-16 08:04:33 |Display all floors

How do you know....

the moderators are men? Are you one of them? Or have they told you?

Or are we just playing "guess" by the login name?

BTW, I never thought about that! You're right, we could try to guess the gender and nationality of our moderators.

I guess they are not all Chinese! How about that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-16 08:10:47 |Display all floors

jvt1965

I am not sure if the posts says what you think it say, although I will quickly add, I am not so sure it says what I think it says either.

My guess is that it says the Moderators are Female and should be Male.

That is what I think it says, I think it is calling for MEN MODERATORS in the News Section.

If the Moderators on the CD Forum are foriegners as you suggested then the Forum would be a dead loss.

What would be the use of a Chinese Forum under the control of foreigners, that is after all, what we already have.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-16 11:00:01 |Display all floors

but then again ...

how do we know that you, potus and remember (who seems to be transfixed by the 1937 date the same as a certain fake doctor), are actually men yourselves?  

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-16 13:07:34 |Display all floors

one thing I agree with:

~~~~~~~~~~~
I have no doubt, that the MEN who write in here, foreigners or Chinese would be better able to solve all disputes between themselves.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder if some of the "ghosts" and "jackals" would actually be good friends if they met in the real world....

D.H.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-16 13:25:26 |Display all floors

I sure some would...

...but only because people don't say things so harshly in person.
Some of us (I for one) treat this as if we were in person.Heated debates are fine. Name-calling and blatant threats are not. I'd say anything that has to be said in person. Many however hide behind keyboards, while in real life they would speak politely and even like you as an adventuresome and insightful addition to their great society. Sad to see that some people believe that the gender of the moderators should be an issue. If anything, I think female chinese moderators are likely to be more moderate in their moderating and less absolutist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-16 13:31:03 |Display all floors

to hedan

Sometimes I wonder if some of the "ghosts" and "jackals" would actually be good friends if they met in the real world....
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, I agree with that hedan and I agree that the forum disputes would be better sorted out between the men involved, between the posters.

As for ghosts I can see the funny side of that, because every single poster is a ghost of some kind or other.

There is no James Bla Bla of bla bla street complete with contact details.

Quite hilarious, Ghosts calling Spirits Ghosts and Spirits calling Ghosts

Ghosts

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.