Views: 8575|Replies: 40

Immoral or not? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-3 07:32:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by futsanglung at 2014-4-3 07:33

As seen on the BBC news website.

Fifty-two unmarried couples could face charges of sexual misconduct and jail terms after being caught in hotel rooms by Malaysia's Islamic morality police.

Scores of officers conducted raids on budget hotels on New Year's Day in the western state of Selangor.

Those detained in the early hours of New Year's Day were mainly students and young factory workers.

The Muslim couples are expected to be charged with the offence of close proximity, or Khalwat.

Under Malaysia's Islamic Sharia Law, couples who are not married to each other should not be in a secluded area or confined space, which could give rise to suspicion that they were engaged in immoral acts.

A spokesman for the Selangor State Islamic Department says they chose New Year's Day because many people are known to commit this offence when celebrating a major holiday.

If convicted, the couples could get a maximum penalty of two years in prison and a fine.

Sharia laws in Malaysia apply only to Muslims, who make up over half the population.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-3 19:29:07 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-3 19:34:20 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2014-4-3 19:29
In my opinion ages and stages of the development of society differ from nation to nation. I also fee ...

Do you not think that people should have a personal freedom of choice in such matters? If people are of an age to understand the consequences of such actions then surely they should be able to decide these matters for themselves without persecution on religious grounds.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-3 19:40:40 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-4-3 19:51:08 |Display all floors
Mortality police, nothing but a bunch of perverts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-3 20:12:27 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2014-4-3 19:40
Well I do and I see no problem with your criticism because it is constructive and dignified. I am  ...

You say the Nation should decide but surely it should be the people of the nation that should decide, has anyone actually asked them?

Some of these countries allow polygamy but not relationships out of wedlock, is that right?

How does reporting these facts in this way show a superior mentality and imperialist thinking? I feel this report was open, unbiased and left the decisions up to the reader.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-3 20:13:00 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-4-3 19:51
Mortality police, nothing but a bunch of perverts.

I wonder how " pure " those doing the raids are.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.