Views: 3402|Replies: 4

Chinese listening questions that would drive you crazy [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2014-4-1 16:01:05 |Display all floors

Below are some example questions from the listening section of the HSK 6. Have your friend read them out loud for you to test yourself. Is your Chinese good enough to pass? (Translations included). Beware, the actual test also includes Classical Chinese, fill in the blank vocabulary, tricky grammar and listening questions much harder than these!

Listening Exam Questions:

1)  小明和小强正在谈论小红,这时小红走了过来,小明对小强说:“说曹操曹操就到。”

问:谁到了?

A. 小明B. 小强C. 小红D. 曹操

Xiao Ming and Xiao Qiang are talking about Xiao Hong. At this moment, Xiao Hong comes over. Xiao Ming says to Xiao Qiang, “Speak of Cao Cao and Cao Cao arrives” (A version of speak of the devil and he doth appears, referring to Cao Cao from Three Kingdoms).

Question: Who has arrived?

A. Xiao Ming

B. Xiao Qiang

C. Xiao Hong

D. Cao Cao

Answer: C

Why this is a hard question: Students would have to recognize the Cao Cao idiom and therefore be familiar with Three Kingdoms.

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-1 16:01:51 |Display all floors

2)  生物学家和经济学家在树林中散步,突然碰到一头大黑熊。经济学家扭头就跑。生物学家说:“别跑了,我们跑不过黑熊!”而经济学家一边狂跑,一边回头说:“我虽然跑不过黑熊,但我跑得过你!”

A. 他们去动物园了

B. 他们遇到了老虎

C. 生物学家吓晕了

D. 经济学家一直在跑

A biologist and an economist go for a walk in the woods. They suddenly come across a big black bear. The economist turns to run away. The biologist tells him, “Do not run away, we cannot outrun a black bear.” The economist begins to run away and calls to the biologist, “I may not be able to outrun a black bear, but I can outrun you!”

A. They are at the zoo
B. They come across a tiger
C. The biologist is dizzy with fear
D. The economist is continuously running

Answer: D

Why this is difficult: Vocabulary! If students miss one word, for example, “woods,” or “black bear,” then the answers will be confusing. Students will most likely focus more on trying to figure out “economist,” and “biologist,” which do not matter as much in the end.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-1 16:02:20 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-1 16:16:28 |Display all floors
Ha ha, it seems that some parts of Chinese are going to be harder than I thought.
Without a good understanding of Chinese history, I will make little sense of what is being said.

Have you eaten yet.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-1 16:48:02 |Display all floors
vk3ukf Post time: 2014-4-1 16:16
Ha ha, it seems that some parts of Chinese are going to be harder than I thought.
Without a good und ...

haha that's a better one. I should have included that

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.