Views: 9640|Replies: 23

Australia to China.......don't keep the debris   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-29 08:32:44 |Display all floors
[This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2014-3-29 08:33]

Push to take control: Australia to lead the probe into MH370DateMarch 29, 2014Read later
David Wroe, Tom Allard, Lindsay Murdoch

The air crash investigation into the ill-fated Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is likely to be based in Australia, amid a push for the wreckage and the black box to be scrutinised here.In a day of significant developments in the search for the lost flight, the Malaysian government announced it won't establish an inquiry until the black box - or flight recorder - is found, something that could take years, if it is even discovered at all.

Very interesting development.

After the fumbling by the Malaysian government, I will rest better if Australia takes charge.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-29 08:34:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2014-3-29 08:35

Under the arrangement, Malaysian investigators would travel to Australia to carry out any work on the wreckage. Malaysia would still lead the investigation but would be assisted by counterparts from Australia, Britain and the US.
International conventions covering aviation accidents require the country of origin of the aircraft to launch an investigation and secure the wreckage - in this case Malaysia.
But Australia has the facilities in Canberra to download the data from the black box flight recorder. In the region, Singapore, Indonesia and Japan have this capability, but it is understood that Malaysia does not.
Indeed, Australian Transport Safety Bureau Chief Commissioner Martin Dolan stressed on Friday that any wreckage recovered needed initially to be brought to Australia.
Mr Dolan told reporters: ''Any wreckage that is obtained, we will hold on behalf of the Malaysian investigation team and await their instructions. We're in continual discussion with the Malaysians about progress on the search and we will continue to discuss with them the handling of the wreckage as and when it comes to hand.''
Mr Dolan said any country that picks up wreckage would have to hand it over to Australian authorities, which are being led by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority. Australian authorities have expressed willingness to reassemble the wreckage.
It is understood that a diplomatic note has been circulated to all countries involved in the search reminding them that all wreckage recovered should be brought to Australia, a directive apparently aimed at the Chinese.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-29 08:49:01 |Display all floors
The Chinese probably want to examine it before the Malay authorities take it away .

Fully understandable.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-29 09:13:05 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2014-3-29 08:49
The Chinese probably want to examine it before the Malay authorities take it away .

Fully understan ...

[Mr Dolan said any country that picks up wreckage would have to hand it over to Australian authorities, which are being led by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority. Australian authorities have expressed willingness to reassemble the wreckage./b]

The article says Australia, not Malaysia.......

Will the Chinese hijack the debris if they find it first?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-29 09:14:00 |Display all floors
How will they all work as a team?

Very interesting question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-29 11:50:27 |Display all floors
In this multi national task force led by Australia........

How will China do?

Will those Chinese insist  on their way?

I bet they will

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-29 12:05:10 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2014-3-29 08:49

Fully understan ...

The wreckage won't leave Australia , it does not make sense.
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.