Views: 13894|Replies: 77

Canada calling.... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-23 18:59:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Yogesh at 2014-3-23 16:05

Friends,
I am moving to Canada in April as I have got PR. I have 13 years of telecom experience. I am also planning for project management certification in next few days.

My concerns. 1) Cold is a big concern for me. Canada is too cold for many months of the year. 2) I want to get a good telecom job there to sustain myself well. However, money is not my foremost priority. If someone of you has got strong links there and can help me atleast with interviews, it will be great. 3) I am getting aged and strongly feel that I should find out my partner now. Hope I get a gf there.

What are your advices on this? There are many Chinese people in Canada. What do they feel about it?

And more importantly, for all other aspirants of the west, ARE CANADA OR USA WORTHY MIGRATION DESTINATIONS FOR ASIANS (particularly China, India, Malaysia etc) WHO ARE DOING WELL HERE?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-23 21:08:07 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-23 18:04
The cold weather is not a big deal as buildings are well insulated and people and authorities heat ...

Hi Seneca, how are you?
I wish I could go out in the nature and enjoy it. Staying indoor in a cozy room all the time may not be always a pleasure. But I hope summer will give me an opportunity to roam around the vast landscape of Canada.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-23 22:28:34 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-23 18:44
G'day Yogesh,

you have neglected your duty to be on speaking terms with us for a long while ... ...

Thanks, Seneca!
As I replied to Bandito, I miss the forum and you guys. My life has gone through many ups and downs recently. But I do apologize for being absent in the forum. :)

Your opinion about Canada really motivates me. The important point is I should get a good job there which I love to do. Wish it happens.

Hope to see you someday in Canada, China or may be elsewhere. World is really small. Wish I can visit so many countries just as you had.

By the way, have you been to Indonesia? Among all, I love Indonesia for the tranquil nature and life there. Do visit it if you have not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-23 23:28:49 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-23 20:03
Dear Yogesh,

I do hope you get more relevant replies from others in addition to my petty contri ...

Thank you!

You had been to so many places! Vow! I need to get into some onsite consultancy services type of job to go to so many destination.

Bali and Bandung both have their own charms. I couldn't visit Borobudur. I had stayed in Indonesia during a project. Knowing a place by staying there just like locals makes it more interesting. I was lucky to get that chance. And that chance has made me fall in love with Indonesia. I had been to Balikpapan also even though it was a sojourn. Wish to go there in future again.

You call Jakarta a disappointment. Well, I understand. But I am from India. I find much more rush, chaos and pollution in Indian cities compared to Jakarta. So I found even Jakarta as a peaceful city. Taxi drivers allowed the pedestrian to cross the road even though they could easily pass them. People waited calmly inside banks for their turns and bank officials did their work without any pressure. Everywhere, calm life. This too in a big city like Jakarta which has population of about 10 million people! Just unimaginable in any damn big or small city of India. So I love Jakarta too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-24 03:29:28 |Display all floors
I live in the tropics, I hear snow is fun ;)
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-24 06:04:34 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2014-3-24 00:29
I live in the tropics, I hear snow is fun ;)

Sunshine is more intensely yearned for in cold countries than snow desire in tropical ones.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2014-3-24 09:46:49 |Display all floors
Yo Yogi....I lived in Montreal for four years...Went to College there.....I also had a business for ten years in Toronto.....Both are Wonderful cities....they are very different.....Winter Weather is Livable....

HOWEVER IF I WERE YOU I WOULD LOOK INTO VANCOUVER....MANY VERY SUCCESSFUL MAINLAND CHINESE LIVE THERE...THE CLIMATE IS VERY GOOD YEAR ROUND...
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.