Views: 2864|Replies: 5

What countries have freedom of speech as a right? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-20 13:50:45 |Display all floors
While reading some posts, and thinking ( yes I do think sometimes) there is a lot od discent and groupthink on some threads. It got me wondering what countries have freedom of speech enshrined in law as their right. I can only think of Amrrica, I know my own country Australia does not have freedom of speech, it's taken as a given. Does your country have freedom of speech?
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-20 13:51:42 |Display all floors
Life is difficult with a phone, forgive the spelling mistakes
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-20 14:28:29 |Display all floors
Although the USA does have The Freedom of Speech as our founding fathers gave us, it's not as free as one would like. The old saying,"Sticks and stones may break our hearts but words can never hurt us," is a bunch of bull. If you say what's on your mind now days, you had better be prepared for trouble!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-20 15:05:10 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2014-3-20 14:28
Although the USA does have The Freedom of Speech as our founding fathers gave us, it's not as free a ...

By my reasearch, the USSR had more freedom in the 50s,60s, 70s and 80s, compared to America today.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-20 15:10:22 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2014-3-20 15:05
By my reasearch, the USSR had more freedom in the 50s,60s, 70s and 80s, compared to America today.

Probably so, but more people may of disappeared in the USSR during that time than here in the States. We count our prisoners that land in jail, but when you ship a few million to Siberia, WHO'S COUNTING...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-20 17:10:07 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2014-3-20 15:10
Probably so, but more people may of disappeared in the USSR during that time than here in the Stat ...

So true. What worries me and we have this evil in Australia, if you disagree with someone's point of view, some turn violent instead of putting forward a logical counterargument. Are we getting duller and duller with the passing of each generation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.