Author: lt1322min

"Toothless" Obama   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-21 05:23:29 |Display all floors
soapdodger Post time: 2014-3-20 04:44
Are you suggesting that in1982 that the British invaded the Falklands ignoring the existing sovere ...

I am not claiming the right or wrong with regard to the Falklands issue - merely pointing out the parallel. The fact that the Falklands were seized by use of force and sovereignty was maintained by use of force is irrelevant. The point is that the residents were given a vote on the matter and that result has decided the debate over sovereignty - same as in Crimea but without the level of protests about illegality bla, bla, bla
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-21 05:26:17 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2014-3-20 18:22
Falkland Islands belong to Britain. The British were the orginal settlers there. On the other hand ...

I'm English and even I am not convinced that the Brits were the original settlers.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-21 13:10:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-3-21 16:30:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-3-21 18:30

frankly, i think Obama is now earning the Nobel prize given to him years in advance. He is not setting out on another military misadventure, while most others in his place would have done so. I am starting to think that the Nobel peace prize committee must have had some idea of the way future events might unfold and they surely rewarded him beforehand, else there would be a hue and cry, if he were awarded it AFTER events like Syria and Crimea... Their own institution would have been under attack! Good on Obama. He is returning a favour to Putin for saving his face/rear end in Syria.. Obama now has to sound all full of outrage and fury for the US public... but as Ted180 often says, it is the private deals done between leaders that determines such changes. Good on Obama and Putin! The world is a better and safer place - with the elimination of a monopoly on military power!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-21 18:16:55 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2014-3-21 05:26
I'm English and even I am not convinced that the Brits were the original settlers.

So do you think Falkland Islands belongs to Argentina?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-21 18:34:17 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2014-3-21 13:10
The truth you grandiose idi-ot is all maladies nowadays can be only attributed to your bellowed cr ...

Comrade, Ratski , I know a headbanger like you has some American friends. One of them is a self-serving taxxt named  Sarah Palin, who just gets ratty when she can't make a case for for her own ideology.  Indeed,  it's understandable for her to act like an amoral sort as  the former governor of Alaska.

I'm done aruging with a rat like you. Just go talk to other rats please.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-21 18:35:18 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2014-3-21 13:10
The truth you grandiose idi-ot is all maladies nowadays can be only attributed to your bellowed cr ...

Comrade Ratski , I know a headbanger like you has some American friends. One of them is a self-serving taxxt named  Sarah Palin, who just gets ratty when she can't make a case for for her own ideology.  Indeed,  it's understandable for her to act like an amoral sort as  the former governor of Alaska.

I'm done aruging with a rat like you. Just go talk to other Russian rats please.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.