Author: lt1322min

China responses to Ukraine crisis   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-16 11:07:02 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-3-16 10:59
There is no military solution on the cards. Everybody knows it.

All the tough talking is for sho ...

I beg to differ. Remember what Hilter did in Poland. I think Putin is still testing the waters. If America and Nato just resort to sanctions, as mentioned by  Charles Krauthammer in his recent column, as a means to keep Putin in check, then I don't think Putin will hardly dither over wether to take over Crimea or not.

The only viable solution is through a military confrontation. You just have to show courage and toughness when you are taking on a bully. Otherwise, the bully will make light of you and gain more confidence.  I think that's what on Putin's mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-16 11:21:48 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2014-3-16 11:07
I beg to differ. Remember what Hilter did in Poland. I think Putin is still testing the waters. If ...

We should all volunteer Cameron to lead the charge of the light brigade.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-16 11:21:56 |Display all floors

You are referring to market jitters o currency  flunctuations?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-16 11:23:16 |Display all floors

You are referring to market jitters o currency  fluctuations?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-16 11:26:47 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2014-3-16 11:21
We should all volunteer Cameron to lead the charge of the light brigade.

Why nor Murdoch ? He is the owner of several big-name British publications. You could be his security advisor. I will  root for you guys online.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-16 11:33:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2014-3-16 11:36

HERE IS WHAT SUN ZI SAYS OF UKRAINE:

1.  If you are preparing to solve the problem with force, you must declare force is not a solution, so that you can maximize its effect on the enemy through surprise.

2.  If you are unprepared to solve the problem with force, you must show the enemy you have forces ready to solve the problem, so that the enemy would desist from attacking you.

3.  If you have no dog in this fight (like China), find a dog to win a fight over (Diaoyudao).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-16 11:46:26 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2014-3-16 11:23
You are referring to market jitters o currency  fluctuations?

I am saying the proper thing to do, with the world interest at stake.

You cannot draw the red line on Crimea or even Kiew. These are not Nato assets.

These are in a very real sense Putin's problem. Not mine problem, not even America or Europe's problem.

It is in America's DNA to intervene is such cases. What I can't understand is the tough talk by Merkel....................How keen are there in re igniting the cold war? Putin will be around far longer than Obama and Merkel.

What is the legacy of Obama and Merkel going to be? Are they going to be held responsible for another world financial crisis?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.