Views: 5079|Replies: 10

Why is the Chinese national football team that bad? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-12 04:43:08 |Display all floors
Usually when I come to a country the locals support their national team.
When I came to China I heard once "Who is watching Chinese football is wasting his life ".

And when I think about the world championships tge Chinese national football team was nowhere to be seen.
This is even more surprising since Chinese players can even be found in the world's biggest football leagues.

Ok, leagues are dominated by money and the best teams usually have more money than others with which they buy the best players.

National teams can't do that quite easily.

But in the end there are good players here and still the national team sucks.

Why?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-12 06:26:28 |Display all floors
If I were a top athlete, scouts would be offering me more money to play for their team. What is the pay scale of the players in the Chinese National Team compared to teams around the world? Also, how many Chinese players would rather live outside of China rather than playing in an atmosphere of polluted air? I believe that in this case the grass may be greener outside of China, and it effects the Chinese teams attempts to retain top players...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-12 08:07:52 |Display all floors
Jiangsu IS GOOD
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-3-12 18:40:35 |Display all floors
This is even more surprising since Chinese players can even be found in the world's biggest football leagues

No, not really. There are only two Chinese players that really had a lot of playing time, Sun Xiang, the first Chinese to ever play the European Champions League and Zheng Zhi who played in Premier League with Charlton (which eventually was relegated).

There are a few second rate players who are in the academies or in second rates clubs all over Europe but they are nowhere near international level.

Chinese football suffers quite a few problem, the main ones being corruption, greed and face.

Corruption I won't even talk in detail, there are ample information available on the internet about it.

Greed because they refuse to let good players go to a good European team and would rather sell them to second rate Russian teams. I'm thinking of Chen Tao who probably was the Chinese player with the biggest potential ever. Many European clubs were scouting him, Lyon even made a 750,000 USD offer for him but his club refused to sell him, they wanted 5 millions. 5 millions for a young player who never proved anything. This is the price of an average experienced player ! In the end they sold him to a Russian team for 2.5 millions. How good is Chen Tao now ? The same is true with Wang Da Lei. He was touted as one of the most promising goalkeeper in the world. Lazio and Inter made offers but they were rejected because not high enough. Wang Da Lei ended up NOT playing for his team as he was relegated in the B-Team. Another wasted potential.

Face because the teams prefer to spend millions in foreign players rather than developping proper infrastructure to train young players.

Finally, the biggest problem of Chinese football, from my experience playing with Chinese people, is that China does not have a culture of football at all. Players have great stamina and are even quite skilled technically but they all want to be the star of the team. No sacrifice, very little collective play, if they have a friend more likely to score they won't pass the ball they will try to score by themselves.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-12 18:43:57 |Display all floors
Because it is a team sport and Chinese, especially the men, do not perform well in team sports.  The "me first attitude" prevents them from doing so.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-12 18:45:45 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-3-12 18:40
No, not really. There are only two Chinese players that really had a lot of playing time, Sun Xian ...

exactly...GOOD post
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-12 18:56:26 |Display all floors
shang dong lu neng was really perfect guys.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.