Views: 32343|Replies: 139

Xinjiang is Not a land of terrorists   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2014-3-5 19:13:03 |Display all floors
You know what people around me are talking about? Stay away from Xinjiang people.

I think it's nothing but prejudice. It's a big mistake to associate Xinjiang people as terrorists, because it's probably what the terrorists and separists want people to believe.

There's a sad story after the terrorist attack in Kunming. When people were quequing up to donate blood for the victims, an Uighur young guy joined the line. All people around him were on guard and eyeballing him in suspicion or  hatred. After he quietly donated blood, he faced the crowd and bowed, he said, "Those who knived others are animals, they don't deserve to be Uighurs. I just want to say sorry." He bowed again and turned away."

I want to share some photos that show how friendly and hospitable. Years ago  I went to travel to the south of Xinjiang with a tour group.

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-5 19:16:47 |Display all floors

The misunderstanding results in alienation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-5 19:18:10 |Display all floors

When he found I was taking a picture for him, he saluted to the camera.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-5 19:20:12 |Display all floors

The locals were very hospitable, you shouldn't pay any money on front, they would take it as an insult. I tucked my money under the carpet when leaving.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-5 19:23:34 |Display all floors

One day, I was wandering around, I met a beautiful girl. She treated me as guest. I'll never forget how sweet the grapes tasted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-5 19:24:06 |Display all floors
Generalization as we can see in beijing propaganda is playing with fire, a very dangerous game that beijing plays for years, and that civilians pay for. How can chinese media talk about "uigurs"? terrorist may be uigurs and not, but uigurs are not all terrorists.
Two days after the 911, US president knew about the danger of such generalization caused by peoples irrational hate: he said: "islam is tolerance".
Years and years of cultural destruction, society humiliation: the ethnic affair office is just a propaganda monster inherited from mao ideology. Certainley not a tool working for ethnic integration in an harmonic nation.
Don't tell me about how economic development, or ask Beijing: how much do they invest in Xianjing and how many percent of the xinjiang GDP is reinvested in Xinjiang: this is a shameful abnormal discrimination compared to other provinces.
Xinjiang is treated as a milkcow, and its peoples, non han, as parasites. That's the issue.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-5 19:24:15 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.