Views: 601|Replies: 4

West's coverage of Kunming reveals double standard [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-4 12:58:14 |Display all floors
BEIJING - It is a time of shock and grief for the Chinese people. Dozens of innocent lives perished and over 100 others were injured in a hair-raising terrorist attack on the railway station of the southwestern city of Kunming.
Yet that is not all they are suffering from. Although most media outlets worldwide covered the incident in a professional manner in line with the principle of humanity, a  ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 12:58:40 |Display all floors
The hostility of International Media in such terrorist cases encourage terror groups. In a way we can say those countries behind such media groups are promoting terrorism and finance such activities.
We people of Hunza GB Pakistan condemn this brutality and hope P R China Government bring these criminals to justice. We have sympathies with the families who's loved ones died in this criminal act.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 14:26:59 |Display all floors
Unfortunately, this takes us back to some western media's definition of such events. A vicious attack in the media's home country = terrorism. A vicious attack in a foreign country = protest.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 20:33:55 |Display all floors
First of all I like to express my condolence to all victims of this unbelievable cruel terrorist attack.
I'm German (passholder), I live in China since six years with my chinese wife and beside the daily bashing of China in German medias I also checked their reports and informations regarding the Kunming attack in detail. The article above does exactly mention the "two faces" of such western / german media reports. I fully agree!
With this kind of manipulations of actual facts they just pull down their masks and show their true "democratic" faces. Unfortunately only a minority does recognize those twisted and wrong informations. Majority in Germany just believe the daily media trash which is reported from and about China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 21:40:07 |Display all floors
I agree the view.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.