Author: linlinlinlin

What surprised you themost when you first came to China?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-24 12:11:12 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-4-24 12:03
I have no stock replies. Just the truth.
You, on the other hand, have many comments you cut and pa ...

No Robert, it is you that refuses to say why he will not move to his beloved China now, the only excuse you have ever given is that you are waiting for your capitalist pension.

If China is ideal for you then get over here now and get a job here, if like me you pay into the scheme for long enough you will get a Chinese pension from the city where you worked.

Sad thing is you are not man enough to make the leap.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-24 14:26:25 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-4-24 11:57
Do not say too much there, I find those a bu**er to use as well, especially on a train going round ...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-24 14:56:42 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-4-24 14:26

Must be a Western thing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-27 11:27:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Smaug at 2014-4-27 11:29

futsanglung: Look at Robert's first post in this thread. It is another anti-America troll. He pretended to answer the question, but really used it as a diversion to take a dig at the US. Don't take the bait, man!

The thing that surprised me most was the general fitness of Chinese, compared to Americans. It is not just a matter of nearly everyone being the correct weight, but also their flexibility.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-27 11:48:45 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2014-4-27 11:27
futsanglung: Look at Robert's first post in this thread. It is another anti-America troll. He preten ...

As to Red Robbo, I know exactly what he is upto and I enjoy baiting him, however he is currently not talking to me.

As to the fitness of the Chinese, are you sure????

When I attend the gym here in Shanghai I am amazed at how unfit the average Chinese young man is, they may look OK in size and weight but they mostly lack strength and stamina, the same applies to EVERY Chinese man I have ever employed, I am 50 and not terribly fit nowadays ( I ran Marathons in the past) but can lift twice what most of the Chinese half my age can and keep going for twice as long.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-29 03:51:36 |Display all floors
Being a British guy , as said above is the freedom. And the amount of citizens who have said welcome to china, China is awesome. I dont have much to say about religion or politics. Leave that to others. Getting used to crossing the roads maybe at number two. China is a special place for sure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-29 17:34:57 |Display all floors
I was surprised by the kindness and generosity of the Chinese people. This is my second trip in a year, total stay so far is five months. I left but had to come back because China is, well, China. I mostly visit smaller city's in which few foreign travelers ever go so I stand out in a crowd.  I am now in Wuhu looking for a teaching job and plan to visit or work here for a long time.  BTW: I have visited and bus surfed in 18 countries and find China the most friendly and most interesting.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.