Views: 7758|Replies: 19

Marriage - Quotes [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-16 22:26:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by xu_luo at 2014-2-16 22:34

]Marriage - Quotes

• A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. - Mignon McLaughlin

• As to marriage or celibacy, let a man take the course he will. He will be sure to repent. - Socrates

• My wife and I tried to breakfast together, but we had to stop or our marriage would have been wrecked. - Winston Churchill

• Only choose in marriage a woman whom you would choose as a friend if she were a man. - Joseph Joubert

• When people get married because they think it's a long- time love affair, they'll be divorced very soon, because all love affairs end in disappointment. But marriage is a recognition of a spiritual identity. - Joseph Campbell

• When you make the sacrifice in marriage, you're sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship. - Joseph Campbell

• "I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career." -- Gloria Steinhem

• "Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry." -- Gloria Steinhem

• Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering. (Anonymous)

• Marriage is when a man and woman become as one; the trouble starts when they try to decide which one. (Anonymous)

• If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep. (Anonymous)

• Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink. --Lady Astor to Winston Churchill Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it. --His reply

• I've sometimes thought of marrying, and then I've thought again. (Noel Coward, 1956)

• "Men marry women with the hope they will never change. "Women marry men with the hope they will change. "Invaribly they are both disappointed." (Albert Einstein)

• After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; they just can't face each other, but still they stay together. (Hemant Joshi)

• A man is incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished. (Zsa Zsa Gabor)

• Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same. -- Oscar Wilde

• Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.

• I have never married because there was no need. I have three pets at home which answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog which growls every morning, a parrot which swears all afternoon and a cat that comes home late at night.

• "In my house I'm the boss, my wife is just the decision maker." - Woody Allen

• "The most happy marriage I can imagine to myself would be the union of a deaf man to a blind woman." - S. T. Coleridge

• "Love is blind, marriage is the eye-opener." - Pauline Thomason

• "By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates

• "I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury." - Groucho Marx

• "My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. Every now and then she stops to breathe." - Jimmy Durante

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-16 22:39:45 |Display all floors
"Love is blind, marriage is the eye-opener."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-16 22:44:12 |Display all floors
`蓶美式の_依恋 Post time: 2014-2-16 22:39

Yes, Maybe you don't know something until you get married, but you will get something when you become a wife.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-16 22:48:32 |Display all floors
`蓶美式の_依恋 Post time: 2014-2-16 22:39

yes, maybe something unknown until you get married

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-17 18:08:44 |Display all floors
In response to a classified Ad. "Wife wanted", a man received thousands of responses saying, "You can have mine"!
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-17 19:59:48 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2014-2-17 18:08
In response to a classified Ad. "Wife wanted", a man received thousands of responses saying, "You ca ...

Marriage is like meat-once it goes off you can do nothng with it
I think this is good one

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-2-17 20:06:45 |Display all floors
Marriage is a journey through time with the person you love

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.