Author: JFenix

China Seems Extremely Sexist   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-14 04:05:06 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2014-2-12 14:36
Women view men in the same light, attractiveness first everything else after. I see it all the time  ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-14 04:08:59 |Display all floors
teachingchinese Post time: 2014-2-12 17:56
no need to be corrected , i have the same view with you and they are really the current appearances, ...

I agree with you except I would take it one step further: A society that does not have equal respect for the dignity of both females and males has no future

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-14 04:28:37 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-2-12 03:56
On this board, several times.  I can pull the quotes.  I think there was something along the lines ...

How is that any different from the law-abiding citizen who owns a gun but one day suddenly gets stroke-induced paranoia and starts shooting when they see others with guns? Is "that one" responsible for their actions?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-14 05:12:58 |Display all floors
china is still a few years behind the US...the US now wants equal pay for all women...my next life i wannabe a lady  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-14 07:03:13 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-2-13 15:43
Both married men and women look at others. I'm a man, and I have no contempt for sex.

Yes, but what I am talking about is, I can see and respect a man for other things.  He can be a friend, mentor, teacher, colleague, hero, etc.  I don't have to be sexually attracted to a man to listen to them or take them seriously.

I'm a professional woman.  Occasionally I still have to deal with sexism in the business world.  I have been contracted out from an old boss to head a project for one of his clients.  He choose me because I was capable, but also because he thought the guy would find me attractive and it would make dealing with him easier.  I've had to deal with this client coming on to me, even pulling me on his lap on one occasion after too many drinks.  And then I've had the opposite where clients would not take me seriously.  I've had to have a 'front man' before to help negotiate contracts because the pig wouldn't try the same things with him as he would me.  I could always negotiate better terms if I had a man lay it all out.  My contract, my terms, my expertise....but still have to struggle sometimes....it sucks.

The problem is when men look at women and inside their head there is a switch - am I attracted to her?  Yes - then I will pay attention to you.  Not attracted?  Nothing you have to say will interest me.  

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-2-14 08:12:07 |Display all floors
The problem is when men look at women and inside their head there is a switch - am I attracted to her?  Yes - then I will pay attention to you.  Not attracted?  Nothing you have to say will interest me.  

logically this does not make sense... if attracted to a woman, a man is less likely to pay attention to WHAT she is saying... more on how she looks and what chances he might have with her, if he is in that mode. but if the woman is NOT attractive, then in business, a man pays very close attention to the details and what she has to say, and that is the good thing for business. That is why many women dress down or make themselves look less sexually attractive to do business. Look at all the top business women, I have never seen them on business dressing like a movie star. Only showbusiness women dress up, but not likely like that when sitting across a table at a business conference or meeting...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-14 08:23:27 |Display all floors
like i sez women are the best thing that created for men...the more the merry  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.