Views: 12463|Replies: 30

Gyms - I am really frustrated [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-30 15:19:52 |Display all floors
I liked going to the gym, do some benchpresses, lift some curls and use the cross trainer.
I use the past tense on purpose since I am in China I am kind of frustrated with the gyms (now I am in the second gym but not much has changed).

It starts in the locker room where I find at least one person smoking and throwing the trash on the floor. Ok, that is a good reminder not to walk barefoot to the shower and avoid fungus and burn marks.

I want to try the cross trainer to find out that the equipment although rather new is not maintained or is rather cheap. So instead of different difficulty levels all the cross trainers have one difficulty level (ok, the display says differently but I trust my legs more than the display).

Nah, alright! I can lift some curls. So I walk over to that area and watch the usual guys tearing off their shirts to present their muscular bodies (ok, it is a bit showing off but at least not really annoying apart from the hygiene - They could use a towel when using the machines and the benches which soaks up the sweet. But they don't) lifting curls and throwing them just to the floor. So I am standing usually in front of a pile of curls and try to two of the same kind which are not too badly damaged.

Ok, I gave up already on curls.

So it only leaves benchpresses. At least the weights are easier to find since they are bigger.

Is it like that in most gyms in China?

And what is so difficult about putting the equipment you used back to the place where you took it from? I am already feeling a bit stupid since I am the only one doing that.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-1-30 23:21:06 |Display all floors
No, the gym I use in Shanghai is well equipped, clean and the pool is well maintained and 99.9% of the users are Chinese, maybe you are looking in the wrong places or you are trying to do it on the cheap

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-31 08:08:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-31 15:55:08 |Display all floors
@Futsanglung
Probably it depends on the price since I could or wanted only afford gyms which are not meant for expats and managers but more for students.

Nevertheless it astonishes me that in all cases the members were not considering that training would be better for everyone if they tried to be more orderly and not just leave the cleaning to the staff.

But probably next time I go to a more expensive gym (if I am not that lucky) or leave the country (if I am lucky).  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-31 17:57:05 |Display all floors
"Fischkopp".....bist du Norddeutscher?
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-1 13:49:22 |Display all floors
Yes, I am

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-1 13:54:03 |Display all floors
I enjoy going to the gym

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.