Views: 1898|Replies: 3

A Father to His Son [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-18 19:00:41 |Display all floors
Seven-years-old : Great daddy, knows everything!

Fourteen-years-old: Sometimes dad's  speaking seems not quite right...

Twenty-years-old: Dad is a little out, and his theory is out of step with times.

Twenty-five-years-old: The old man knows nothing at all. Absolutely too commonplace.

Thirty-five-years-old: If only dad was as diplomatic as his son, he must be a millionaire today...

Forty-five-years-old: I'm not sure whether I should talk with the old man, maybe he can give me some ideas...

Fifty-five-years-old:  What a pity! Dad's gone. Frankly, dad was intelligent and highly observant.

Sixty-years-old: Poor dad! You were more than omniscient, however it's too late did I realize that.

Hey, guys, how do you feel about this short essay? Can I call it a essay? I translated it... with the help of a dictionary.
I found it was very impressed though it's very short.

I don't know who is the writer or else I will post his name right here. And I also not sure from where it was first orginal. It seems it was original from the Reader...?  So I only post the essay in Chinese here.

Anyway, how do you feel about this 'essay'? And how do you feel about my translation?

原文:《儿子眼中的父亲》

七岁:“爸爸真了不起,什么都懂!”

十四岁:“好像有时候说得也不对……”

二十岁:“爸爸有点儿落伍了,他的理论和时代格格不入。”

二十五岁:“‘老头子’一无所知。毫无疑问,陈腐不堪。”

三十五岁:“如果爸爸当年像我这样老练,他今天肯定是百万富翁了……”

四十五岁:“我不知道是否该和‘老头子’商量商量,或许他能帮我出出主意……”

五十五岁:“真可惜,爸爸去世了。说实话,他的看法相当高明!”

六十岁:“可怜的爸爸!你简直是位无所不知的学者!遗憾的是我了解您太晚了!”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-20 17:58:46 |Display all floors
If there are two fathers, they will speack to the sons.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-20 18:01:24 |Display all floors
But I am not press the key?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-20 18:18:32 |Display all floors
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.