Author: dusty1

Chinese children meet western parenting style   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-1-6 11:01:55 |Display all floors
Octavian Post time: 2014-1-6 10:21
Why do so many just take things to name calling. Western culture has many great things so does  ...

There are their cultural needs that need to be taken into account, so they have to engage with the local Chinese community as well

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 11:32:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 11:41:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 12:59:32 |Display all floors
one thing that is very great in western parenting is that it teaches children to be independent. i appreciae it very much. obviously we chinese children are more likely to be dependent, to rely on others. really, it would be a big problem in the future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 16:49:25 |Display all floors
summerecho Post time: 2014-1-6 12:59
one thing that is very great in western parenting is that it teaches children to be independent. i a ...

It is vert difficult for everybody, it has been12 months now, we are all still learning. I have noticed they like the boundaries, they know they are loved and protected.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 23:07:21 |Display all floors
I will have to agree with you. I just had my wife's son (23) and niece (18) staying for three weeks. They are both very smart and intelligent. Her son attends the university of Edinburgh. The niece studies at a private school here in Hawaii.
They do not clean up after themselves, The niece eats like she's starving, lips smacking and talking with her mouth full. I figure at 18 years old your eating habits are already developed.
I have never had so many electronic chargers plugged in the wall sockets (I added clip strips) They live on their computers and I-phones.
They wanted to watch the movie Avatar and after the move was on I notice all three on their computers. I paused the movie to see how long it would take for them to notice.
I started to wonder if they were texting each other across the room.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 06:50:02 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2014-1-6 23:07
I will have to agree with you. I just had my wife's son (23) and niece (18) staying for three weeks. ...

I have taught them etiquette, western, my wife Chinese. How to drink from a cup. When having a conversation move to one side, you get the idea. Their parents never taught them this, I was shocked, they are disciplined as well, if they don't fulfill their responsibility. Their parents love what we are doing to their children. My question is, are Chinese parents cowards raising children, not making the hard decisions for the good of their children? They have returned from their Holliday in China, the new school year starts in 3 weeks. They love school, hate holidays, that intelligent.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.