Views: 15125|Replies: 75

Chinese children meet western parenting style   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-1-4 10:48:49 |Display all floors
I am the guardian of 2 Chinese children. I was shocked to learn that they expect to just exist in front so a computer in their room with everything done for them as they do as they liked. Uncle is not Chinese, uncle does not prescribe to the Chinese parenting style. The shock on their faces when I expected them to actively participate in family life. I have rules I expect obeyed ( within reason) or get punished. Chores have to be completed. I do this as well.
Cleaning toilets, showers washing dishes. Western manners at the table, you get the idea. I was shocked that these children have never been trained in manners, in how to eat and drink.
One child is easy to look after, one is difficult, each require a different style of parenting. Since been given responsibility backed up with punishment they have began to bloom as young adults. The future is very bright for them.
I have combined western and Chinese parenting styles, they both know I am aviable  24 hours a day to workshop problems. Having them here is a real learning experience, and an insite into the Chinese teenage culture.
I will write more if asked.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 10:01:23 |Display all floors
Please tell us more. Before did they live at school? In the south of China many students live at school 5 days a week.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 10:21:13 |Display all floors
Stay 1000 Kilometer away from my children you freaky low lilfe western  pedophile. Don't ever come to close to my children or I will shoot you in the head.

Why do so many just take things to name calling. Western culture has many great things so does Asian culture. Look past the hate and both sides can learn.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 10:32:18 |Display all floors
magnetic1974 Post time: 2014-1-6 10:10
Stay 1000 Kilometer away from my children you freaky low lilfe western  pedophile. Don't ever come t ...

You will find the children are becoming interdependent, not relying on adults to make decisions for them, creating pride in a job well done.
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 10:54:25 |Display all floors
magnetic1974 Post time: 2014-1-6 10:10
Stay 1000 Kilometer away from my children you freaky low lilfe western  pedophile. Don't ever come t ...

I understand, your daughter is your wife, your wife wife is also your mother-in-law, your son is your brother-in-lawand you are your own grandfather. Youu also have 6 fingers and play the banjo?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 10:55:14 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2014-1-6 10:32
You will find the children are becoming interdependent, not relying on adults to make decisions fo ...

Dam right

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-6 10:59:27 |Display all floors
Octavian Post time: 2014-1-6 10:21
Why do so many just take things to name calling. Western culture has many great things so does  ...

These children are very intelligent and creative, they are not fitting into the Chinese education system, so because of this they attend university 3 days a week and secondary school 2 days a week. They love being in Australia and are very popular with many friends. They have responsibility within the family unit to fulfill, this gives them pride at home as well.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.