Author: Fayewang90

New greetings in China: Have you Queued?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-7 03:23:11 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-1-6 21:08
where have you been...hiding

Last couple of months have been hectic.  My mother passed away the end of October so I had to spend a couple of weeks in Kentucky taking care of her stuff.  Then I had to go back again in December to get the things out of her house.  I had to rent a Uhaul and drive 2500 miles from Kentucky to Portland, Oregon.  I got back to China on January 3.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 11:12:40 |Display all floors
I think Chinas huge population has to do with the old days when many neighbouring countries invaded the lands and raped the woman. after doing so they settled down with their own tribes in China, rapidly increasing the population to what it is today. Just my theory though, not proven or researched. Meaning I could be wrong very wrong
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 14:05:51 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-1-7 00:53
i dont mind IF i'm the 5th person in line but not after that

My acceptable rank is 3rd~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 21:22:10 |Display all floors
Fayewang90 Post time: 2014-1-7 01:05
My acceptable rank is 3rd~~

wow and you askin people to queuin in...you're indeed some sorta role model to follow  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-7 23:38:36 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-1-7 00:01
"I would have to say that you yourself, have never personally witnessed these events"

Hi,

??

no, not at all, what I was suggesting was that you have not witnessed this happening in the USA,
because of this part of your reply,

You don't see it in the USA

No China-bashing just telling the truth.

Also, I noted that Emma Roberts, the younger sister of Julia Roberts was caught jumping queue in NY at a bakery and left after being forced to the back of the queue after making her statement,
"Don't you know who I am."

It happens everywhere, there can be no place on Earth free of this. Self important imbeciles that think everyone else is below them, exists in all nations.

I think you got that impression because the reply auto quote does not always capture and show all of someones post. The part it quoted me on related to

But seriously have you not experienced the "line jumpers" in China?

and not,

That is not civilized behavior. You don't see it in the USA

No China-bashing just telling the truth.

An interesting result has been created and I will do my own quoting from now on in order to avoid this misunderstanding happening again.

Please think back to even as far back as school. Where there no self important bully at school that pushed into line.

I can certainly imagine that if you lived in a rural area, this behaviour is less prevalent than in a larger population area. It is less likely to be seen in the country than in the city. People in the country tend to know each other very well. They soon learn that bad deeds and behaviour are very quickly known by the entire community.

I would like you to explain why you said it does not happen in the USA.

That is the part I am having a hard time understanding.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 07:02:13 |Display all floors
vk3ukf Post time: 2014-1-7 23:38
Hi,

??

You use one example (Julia Robert's sister) as having an equal statistical representation of say 30/100? No China bashing just tellin it like it is. And why would I say that? It's because I saw it with my own eyes when I lived in China.

I have also lived in the US and have not observed 30/100 to be line jumpers. These are objective observations no China bashing at all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-8 11:13:08 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-1-7 21:22
wow and you askin people to queuin in...you're indeed some sorta role model to follow

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.