Author: Fayewang90

New greetings in China: Have you Queued?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-1-5 13:37:53 |Display all floors
snowipine Post time: 2014-1-5 15:26
Majority time, i abided by the rule of queuing, but if I am angery for the messy situation and no wa ...

i know what you mean. I have been through this and hate being so. Earlier in life, I used to either miss the train or bus or whatever I queued for, or i did get on after some pushing and felt miserable about it.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2014-1-5 13:53:01 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-1-5 13:37
i know what you mean. I have been through this and hate being so. Earlier in life, I used to eithe ...

yes, we don't like queue anyway, everyone is.
The major reason in China, the queue jumping is that here is limited resources for people to enjoy. poor is the major reason for this.
In today's public bus , i was thinking this, here is no pushing and rushing for a seat, the riding is pleasant, whenever i take the bus, i will think the past riding, the not so good experience.
No all the things are better off, this is obviously.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2014-1-5 13:53:47 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-1-5 13:37
i know what you mean. I have been through this and hate being so. Earlier in life, I used to eithe ...

" Now"  all the things are better off, this is obviously.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-5 14:00:13 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-1-5 15:10
But seriously have you not experienced the "line jumpers" in China? That is not civilized behavior ...

Hello vf84tcat,

I find this statement to be a bit untrue.

Every country in the world has uncivilized pigs and line jumpers.

Not long ago, I amused myself by spending days reading through a forum populated by retail workers complaining about the pigs that come into the places where they work and make their days and lives miserable. The posters mostly originated from the UK, North America and Australia.

There is more than one forum with areas dedicated to this subject.

I would have to say that you yourself, have never personally witnessed these events, but, they in fact do occur, everyday, everywhere.

Here is one such forum.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1322994

The type of complaint that I recall is of a self important company boss, bursts into the fast food place, marches straight up to the front, and announces,
You will serve me first, I am more important than them and I am in a hurry.
This remark got him grabbed by the scruff of the neck and marched to the end of the queue.
With a great cheer from the others waiting in line.
The embarrassment of not having any respect or submission from the people that didn't care who he was, caused him to leave the premises immediately.

I myself have actually worked in retail. I am lucky to have never witnessed uncivilized behaviour.

Still, why would anyone throw a wobbly in a fruit and vegetable shop? I am sure it has happened though, somewhere.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-5 16:37:15 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-1-5 12:57
The land area of China is about the same as the US yet China has more than 430% more people. Does an ...

No money they can find fun playing pokers... Haven't you seen it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-5 18:17:38 |Display all floors
Chinese queuing? And respecting the queue? Repent! For the end is near{:soso_e100:}
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-5 20:37:20 |Display all floors
This is a very good habit to wait in line, hope more people would action like this when they wait for bus, lunch or some thing.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.