Views: 733|Replies: 3

Gen Y's motto: Show me the money [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-1 07:12:25 |Display all floors
Career success is defined mostly by compensation: Recruitment survey

Graduates seek job opportunities at an employment fair in Beijing on Dec 13. A survey has found that the most important metric of career success for China's Generation Y (aged 18 to 30) is creating personal wealth.[Wang Jing / China Daily]When it comes to defining success, the standards vary from person to person and can i ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-1 07:12:31 |Display all floors
Show Me Your Face instead of Show Me The Money, dude!!!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-1 19:39:28 |Display all floors
I suppose the job hopping for faster raise is no different from small business trying to earn faster at the expense of quality.

This seems to be the early stage of economic development where speed and money takes precedence over quality and brand.

Personal credential or business brand takes a long time to build. Creative positioning of where a person or a business is heading in 5 to 10 years requires careful planning and building. That is however sacrificed for easy cash. Quality is ignored, learning is pushed aside and brand suffers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-2 05:11:13 |Display all floors
Oh surprise! China has created generations that believe in the "Yuan God".

And what's this? "55 percent rated acquiring knowledge and expertise as a priority"? oh ok, that's also to use it to make money.

And "gain public and professional recognition", well, that simply means good old "face".

Where's the desire to "burn" everything and start afresh? to innovate? to research? Good luck China, you're going to need it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.