Views: 7597|Replies: 15

The condition of Human Relationships [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-12-29 17:41:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by UYA at 2013-12-29 17:57

We have seen a decline in how we as people relate to one another. The cruelty inflicted on others for the pettiest reason is sad. We separate and define ourselves by race, religion, country and worst of all… “economic condition”. A continuous eroding of relationships, which is an important part of being “Human” is shameful. When these relationships declines and fails…..

Our days on earth are numbered.

We disregard the commonality within us all and embrace a culture of individualism that breed selfishness. The mindset of “me” and to “hell with everyone else”, is not something that should be promoted or be proud of. How long can we survive as a people, if we care only about ourselves and have little concern about others?

Like it or not, most of us can not endure without the existence of others. The clothes we wear, the food we eat, the home we live are accomplished by people working in tandem. We would not have gone far up the evolutionary ladder without the communication and cooperation between each of us. This simple concept of “human relationships” seems to have been lost in this modern day of a “civilized” society.

Think about the best times in your life…..

Were others with you?

The best memories in most of us, are when we have shared and experienced these moments with others. The joy of friendships and love, play a huge role in the quality and fulfillment of life. You can find value in ALL life, so you can also find value in ALL people. The knowledge and skills in each of us is unique, and when utilized for the betterment of society, this in turn will make a better world. It is in the best interest of the masses to nurture growth in everyone. The day when as a whole, we are able to feed and house everyone, would be significant.

A virtual end to…..

Poverty

Crime

WAR

is something that can not be ignored or be dismissed, something important and should be strived for. There is no moral reason to justify such suffering, when there is enough resources in the World to complete such a simple task.

Take time to imagine such a world where everyone can achieve their individual potential and contribute to a “greater good” of Human existence.

Benjamin Franklin said, “We are social beings” meaning we need each other to thrive.

This ideal World would be very different, than the one we have today.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-3 21:04:53 |Display all floors
Agreed, and I second the motion. Let me point out that by you coming to an obscure corner of the internet and speaking about this, you remind people of commonality. All those who allow themselves to be stampeded by their leaders/herders into actions that put other people down will be unlikely to come here to read this. However, you only have to be lucky once. That one person may be like you, deciding they've had enough of ignorance, greed and stupidity and may, like you and me, go speak with any and all who will listen.
Keep spreading the word.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-1-4 07:28:14 |Display all floors
Much as many would like to divide humans into numerous categories of 'us' versus 'them' - on the basis of race, nationality, religion, color, economic standard etc. there is only one basis that is of any value or significance 'good' versus 'evil', IMHO.  That too is fuzzy, because it can only be applied on an issue by issue basis at some point in time. The 'good' person in some issue may be 'evil' in another... Of course, there are some patterns consistent with a person. The best we can do is to deal with the issue at hand. Many such experiences might give us an idea of which way someone is more inclined towards in issues of importance to us - whether towards good or evil... That has to be something we should not avoid facing - keeping in mind that we judge the actions as 'good' or 'evil', not judge the person totally as being good or evil, in all issues.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-4 09:28:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by juzunme at 2014-1-4 11:31

It is good of you to bring up this topic about human behaviour.

It is normal for people to be wary of things they do not know or understand a.k.a. other people

However as long as we accept that there are many interesting and different people that make up this world and accept them for what they are, that would be a first step to civilised social behaviour. Just as you enjoy different food, it is no different from enjoying the company of different people.

There will always be a small group of self centered and anti social behaviour from a small section of society. They make the loudest demand. The rest must stand up and speak out and state what is right and expected behaviour. If the majority are silent and ignore the behaviour, then these group will continue with their ways.

Whether it be people or countries who make unreasonable demands and display unacceptable behaviour,
silence on your part meant consent.
Speak up!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-4 09:44:08 |Display all floors
I noticed this blanket discrimination in China when I first encountered security checkpoints there. Instead of treating men and women with the same respect China assumes all males to be untrustworthy around females. It also assumes all males have less dignity than females. China therefore allows females to search male's bodies but does not allow males to search females. Of course almost all countries avoid this blatant gender-discrimination by having only same-gender searches.

China needs to stop thinking sex and start thinking respect

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-4 09:44:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by vf84tcat at 2014-1-4 09:46

I noticed this blanket discrimination in China when I first encountered security checkpoints there. Instead of treating men and women with the same respect China assumes all males to be untrustworthy around females. It also assumes all males have less dignity than females. China therefore allows females to search male's bodies but does not allow males to search females. Of course almost all countries avoid this blatant gender-discrimination by having only same-gender searches.

China needs to stop thinking sex and start thinking mutual respect

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-1-4 10:11:09 |Display all floors
girdyerloins Post time: 2014-1-3 21:04
Agreed, and I second the motion. Let me point out that by you coming to an obscure corner of the int ...

I thought this thread was dead. Lots of reads but no reply, which made me think even more that human relationships is not important to anyone.
i

Thanks for the kind comment and hope this condition will improve

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.