Views: 35336|Replies: 257

Muslims another step closer to ruling the UK   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-12-23 03:11:25 |Display all floors
Muslim staff at Marks & Spencer (a major supermarket retailer) can refuse to sell alcohol and porkMarks & Spencer says its Muslim staff do not have to sell pork or alcohol to   customers A Marks and Spencer customer chooses a bottle of wine Photo: Kumar Sriskandan / Alamy                        

Muslim staff working for Marks & Spencer have been given permission to refuse   to serve customers buying alcohol or pork products

Its policy decision has highlighted a split among the big food retailers over   whether religious staff should be excused certain jobs.

In contrast to M&S, Sainsbury’s said it had issued official guidelines that   stated there was no reason why staff who did not drink alcohol or eat pork   for religious reasons could not handle the goods.  

The advice followed consultations with religious groups, said a spokesman.

Tesco said it treated each case on its merits, but said it “made no sense” to   employ staff on a till who refused to touch certain items for religious   reasons.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 04:45:23 |Display all floors
If certain people do not want to handle specific items, or even want to refuse serving customers desiring them, they may always just simply not take up that work.
Or simply not come so near to Europe in the first place.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2013-12-23 04:53:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1584austin at 2013-12-23 04:54
LCSULLA Post time: 2013-12-23 04:45
If certain people do not want to handle specific items, or even want to refuse serving customers des ...

I am assuming M & S will loose a lot of customers due to the actual unrest with the whole situation

I have always voted Tory, but it's UKIP that will do more for immigration so next time they get my vote even though I ain't in the UK (Londonistan) so much these days, but its still my Homeland

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 04:54:25 |Display all floors
people can just go to another cashier, no big deal.

As a human being I'm not going to force someone to violate their religious views if I can just go to a different cashier. Good job Marks and Spencer for putting human rights above making money {:soso_e179:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 04:55:37 |Display all floors
Pingu66 Post time: 2013-12-23 04:54
people can just go to another cashier, no big deal.

As a human being I'm not going to force someon ...

But in some areas in the UK 'the other' cashier is a Muslim

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 05:03:46 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2013-12-23 04:55
But in some areas in the UK 'the other' cashier is a Muslim

Then go to a different shop, I'm sure that you can't have a whole area of just Muslim cashiers. Maybe religion is not important to you or to me but it is to them, so we need to respect it, doesn't matter what religion it is.  
In the UK cultural diversity is a big issue which is one reason for why I have great admiration for the country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-23 05:06:32 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2013-12-23 04:53
I am assuming M & S will loose a lot of customers due to the actual unrest with the wh ...

Sorry What is Londonistan?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.