Views: 6829|Replies: 25

Wanted: good jobs for foreigners in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-20 16:47:32 |Display all floors
Do you have any idea about jobs in China? I have a friend who love China very much. She would like to work in China after her guradation. She wanted me to give her some recomendations about finding jobs in China. But I think my esperiences are not suit for her. So I would like to ask you for advices.
My friend is a French. Her major is Chinese literature and language. So which kind of job is good for her? And where can she get the information of job-hunting?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-20 18:09:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Laowai2? at 2013-12-20 18:10

China does not generally welcome foreign job seekers. Why would they unless the job seeker has some skill that a Chinese worker cannot provide?
This obviously limits the options available. Your friend needs to secure a invitation from an organisation registered with the government to employ foreigners. This is the only way a Z (work) visa can be legally obtained. The position must be one that a Chinese worker cannot perform. Usually this means foreign language teaching. To qualify for this your friend needs to be a native speaker of the language, have a degree, a TEFL or similar qualification and usually two years teaching experience. Positions in less desirable locations may accept lower qualifications. Avoid suggestions that you travel on a tourist visa and a Z visa will be provided later. It will not!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-20 19:00:09 |Display all floors
She could look into International Schools who may need a French teacher here.
However, she would need a Language Degree (BA/BS) plus meet the requirements as noted above.
If she is fluent in Chinese (reading, writing, speaking, listening) she has a better chance for a job.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-20 19:30:11 |Display all floors
I have no idea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-21 09:33:08 |Display all floors
sex trade

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-12-21 11:08:00 |Display all floors
My friend is a French. Her major is Chinese literature and language. So which kind of job is good for her? And where can she get the information of job-hunting?

My advice to her : she should go back to school and study something that will lead to a job. So many French study interesting subjects like Chinese/Japanese/Arabic/Russian litterature, philosophy, history of the arts, etc... and then wonder how come they can't find a job.

Obviously your friend has no marketable skills if she's not even able to know what kind of job is good for her or where to do the job hunting.

Stupid French don't think
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-21 12:00:45 |Display all floors
And since the French get so many days off annually, she would be surprised to find the actual working hours and days here to be excessive.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.