Views: 3840|Replies: 8

World Poverty: - electricity – a leading indicator of poverty [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-18 17:38:37 |Display all floors

World Poverty: - electricity – a leading indicator of poverty

"Today, an estimated 1.3 billion people worldwide live without access to electricity – a leading indicator of poverty.".

Out of the number of 1.3 billion, an estimated of 300 millions come from China.

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-18 19:10:16 |Display all floors

Excerpt:

Poverty Facts and Stats
   by Anup Shah                                                                                       This Page Last Updated Monday, January 07, 2013

Almost half the world — over three billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day.

In developing countries some 2.5 billion people are forced to rely on biomass—fuelwood, charcoal and animal dung—to meet their energy needs for cooking. In sub-Saharan Africa, over 80 percent of the population depends on traditional biomass for cooking, as do over half of the populations of India and China.  Source14
  Indoor air pollution resulting from the use of solid fuels [by poorer segments of society] is a major killer. It claims the lives of 1.5 million people each year, more than half of them below the age of five: that is 4000 deaths a day. To put this number in context, it exceeds total deaths from malaria and rivals the number of deaths from tuberculosis.Source15
                                                                              However, it appears that much of the poverty reduction in the last couple of decades almost exclusively comes from China:

China’s poverty rate fell from 85% to 15.9%, or by over 600 million people
China accounts for nearly all the world’s reduction in poverty
Excluding China, poverty fell only by around 10%/b]

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-18 21:34:10 |Display all floors
Well......

Sansukong is a rat.......sure explains a lot . Once that is realized.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-19 03:02:05 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2013-12-18 18:10
Excerpt:

Poverty Facts and Stats

Excerpt:

1.6 billion people — a quarter of humanity — live without electricity:

Breaking that down further:

Region                                Millions without electricity
    South Asia                         706
    Sub-Saharan Africa          547
    East Asia                           224
    Other                                101

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-19 03:57:06 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-19 08:52:30 |Display all floors
Once we realize sansukong is a rat.....things are clear............

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-19 15:36:41 |Display all floors
UCLA , in co operation with world bank , has introduced thousands, millions of solar energy units for producing reading lights and even cooking....................decentralized solar energy and decentralised wind power.

there is no need for rat promoted centralised grid power for remote villages.

especially no need for rat promoted centralized coal plants for readings by villagers.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.