Views: 15213|Replies: 17

How to translate "血染金鍼直" ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-11 08:57:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by seclusive at 2013-12-11 09:00

How to translate Chinese "血染金针直" into English?
  Thanks.
SUNSET = HUMAN FATE

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-12 09:16:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by seclusive at 2013-12-12 11:19

I can translate some characters, but can't link them into a sentence that is understood by ordinary people.
Some translated texts about characters are following:
  血--blood
  染--dye, coat(涂/塗), cover(覆)--I think the word "dye" is original and I prefer to it.
  金--gold--In my opinion, "golden" is not proper.
  针--needle--A better word should be found to describe the thin, long, sharp(锐) thing -- -- that is used mainly for medical, especially surgical.

Thanks in advance for those who/that/which are willing to help me.
SUNSET = HUMAN FATE

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-16 21:27:29 |Display all floors
When it is out of context, what you can do is to translate it word for word. Even so, there are still a few points that confuse this translator. Or does the original text means if you use blood to smear on any gold needle or pin, then you can straighten it even it has been bent? Like a silver needle which can check out the poison placed in food?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 11:17:52 |Display all floors

Many thanks for you, my first replier of this thread.

This post was edited by seclusive at 2013-12-17 11:20
kevinruud Post time: 2013-12-16 21:27
When it is out of context, what you can do is to translate it word for word. Even so, there are stil ...

1, The original Chinese text is as follows:
     伍柒捌。菩薩蠻。
  一燈默默誰家泣。無心卻失何人拾。子夜起離歌。淚魂歸汨羅。
  目空悲子炙。血染金鍼直。松齡共蒼苔。星移孤柏哀。

2, The reason for my willing to translate the ci-poem has to be said:
      1) the ci-poem was composed on the winter night of the year 2008. Though the light in the livingroom is bright, sadness is so heavy in my heart that the tears in the ones' eyes could sprung as like real spring water. In the most dazed condition, the one sees/saw a handsome armyman watch the sky with a telescope and he could not be aware of another eyes from a ghost (one/she who should hide in someplace) watch him.
     2)The thing surprised me very much. For many years I have been curious of what on earth happened in the history and it has been misunderstood by many honest people. Therefore, I should be willing to try to  translate the ci-poem although I'm not good at this C-E translation.
  3, For your understanding above, I don't agee to translate "染" into "smear" for the word dirts the another word "swear."

SUNSET = HUMAN FATE

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 11:25:55 |Display all floors

Thanks for Mr. kevinruud.

This post was edited by seclusive at 2013-12-17 11:38
kevinruud Post time: 2013-12-16 21:27
When it is out of context, what you can do is to translate it word for word. Even so, there are stil ...

伍柒捌。菩薩蠻。
  目空悲子炙。血染金鍼直。松齡共蒼苔。星移孤柏哀。

1) the ci-poem was composed on the winter night of the year 2008. Though the light in the livingroom is bright, sadness is so heavy in my heart that the tears in the ones' eyes could sprung as like real spring water. In the most dazed condition, the one sees/saw a handsome armyman watch the sky with a telescope and he could not be aware of another eyes from a ghost (one/she--I'm not sure--who should hide in someplace) watching him.
    2)The thing surprised me very much. For many years I have been curious of what on earth happened in the history. And the thing has been misunderstood by many honest people. Therefore, I should be willing to try to  translate the ci-poem although I'm not good at this C-E translation.

3, For your understanding above, I don't agee to translate "染" into "smear", for if the word is used for the original text it will dirt another word "swear."
SUNSET = HUMAN FATE

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 11:39:23 |Display all floors

Thanks for Mr. kevinruud.

This post was edited by seclusive at 2013-12-17 11:42

When it is out of context, what you can do is to translate it word for word. Even so, there are stil ...[/quote]
     伍柒捌。菩薩蠻。
  目空悲子炙。血染金鍼直。松齡共蒼苔。星移孤柏哀。

1) the ci-poem was composed on the winter night of the year 2008. Though the light in the livingroom is bright, sadness is so heavy in my heart that the tears in the ones' eyes could be sprung as like real spring water. In the most dazed condition, the one sees/saw a handsome armyman watch the sky with a telescope and he could not be aware of another eyes from a ghost (one/she--I'm not sure--who should hide in someplace) watching him.
    2)The thing surprised me very much. For many years I have been curious of what on earth happened in the history. And the thing has been misunderstood by many honest people. Therefore, I should be willing to try to  translate the ci-poem although I'm not good at this C-E translation.

3, For your understanding above, I don't agee to translate "染" into "smear", for if the word is used for the original text it will dirt another word "swear."
SUNSET = HUMAN FATE

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-17 11:44:53 |Display all floors
A picture for reference.

SUNSET = HUMAN FATE

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.