Author: gattosonia

China’s newly rich and their high-level life   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-11 14:26:23 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-12-11 12:56
If they earned it, they can spend it.  But their calling attention to their vulgar tastes invite r ...

I can agree to this. I also think so, but I also understand that there are people wholike to show off!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-11 14:26:43 |Display all floors
gattosonia Post time: 2013-12-11 13:01
Generally speaking, China's newly rich can be classfied into two kinds, one rely on their own hard ...

That's very well said!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-12-11 17:16:37 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2013-12-11 13:21
I wonder why people always tend to criticize others for using their money for what they like most. S ...

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-12 02:09:23 |Display all floors
gattosonia Post time: 2013-12-11 11:09
What do you think about the modern meaning of humility?

About Humility, I only know one meaning and there is only one meaning.

For you what is the modern meaning of humility?

Denying the truth that most rich Chinese have a stupid high-level style?
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-12 02:41:54 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-12-11 07:52
During the 80s, popular American TV programs were "Lifestyles of the rich and famous' which glorif ...

I know those programs and It never were in my list of favorities.
What you described about those programs is truth, it reflects how most rich people runs their lives in extravagant ways. But most of those rich people, their ancestors were rich or at least the wealth comes from their parents. They born and die rich.
And not onlly happen in America, I know real and shocking stories from wealthy families in Dubai, Germany, Brazil and other parts of the world where the rich ones have the same frivolous life style.

What it happen with new rich people, the ones that we can see in China (the topic is about China) is different story. My criticism comes always for the lack of family orientation, the lack of civic and moral education. The pressure of the society on the people that makes them to compete between them. It´s where the indifference for the others and the show off growing up in those new rich Chinese people.
They forgot their roots, they forgot when they were poor, they leave aside the humility.

That´s the problem.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-12 04:26:25 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2013-12-11 14:26
I can agree to this. I also think so, but I also understand that there are people wholike to show  ...

It's a form of sickness when the need to show off is so important.  It also creates disharmony in society by highlighting the glaring disparity between rich and poor. Anger and resentment toward the rich is created by the rich.  They only have themselves to blame.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-12 04:34:39 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-12-11 17:08
You too do not know world history, apparently.

The sheer opulence shown by Marie Antoinette led t ...

Nobody knows world history EXCEPT for the humble "professor" sennie, the ultimate know-it-all.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.