Author: gattosonia

China’s newly rich and their high-level life   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-10 14:42:07 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-12-9 19:03
Amidst all these mediocrities, I feel sorry for these poor women.  They fight for a place in the  ...
I don´t know how many times I´ve read in this forum that Chinese peopl are very humble. Any doubts?

Humility was stressed in traditional Chinese culture, which unfortunately has been replaced by crass egotism.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-10 15:06:26 |Display all floors
gattosonia Post time: 2013-12-10 09:36
You are right! But I think you will have the same taste and mind when you are rich. Because everyo ...

Why do you think that people has to show off if they got rich?
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-10 15:28:11 |Display all floors
gattosonia Post time: 2013-12-10 10:20
Every developped countries had the consumerism and materialism era. Now it is the developping coun ...

You are wrong

In many Latin and Western countries, rich people use well their wealth, some make investments, some created foundations, some work with charity institutions, many make donations. that´s a normal phenomenon if you want to call like that, sure, there are some exceptions from extravagant people who love to waste money in nonsense way but it´s not the majority

I don´t hear too much about these new rich Chinese people doing charity activities, except from some Chinese celebrities.

What I saw in many new rich Chinese is the way the waste the money in uncontrollably way and with bad manners.

The real power is in the people´s mentality and not in their silly show off behavior.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-10 15:31:10 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2013-12-10 14:42
Humility was stressed in traditional Chinese culture, which unfortunately has been replaced by c ...

That´s why I always wonder why some people say Chinese people are very humble.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-10 20:48:25 |Display all floors
I 've learned one thing in my life here in China: the most uncivilized, unpolite, disrespectful, stupid peoples I met were rich peoples. The most friednly, the most open minded, the most sympatical, clever, elegant peoples I met were mostly low-level/poor/medium classed chinese peoples.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-11 07:52:51 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-12-10 15:28
You are wrong

In many Latin and Western countries, rich people use well their wealth, some make  ...

During the 80s, popular American TV programs were "Lifestyles of the rich and famous' which glorified consumer luxury.  Hollywood TV serial dramas  "Dynasty"  and "Dallas"  about love, lust, betrayal and wretched excess of elite families. Around that time,  a famous HongKong couple lived the material life of pink Rolls Royces, golden toilets, ad nauseum.  Rich Japanese ate gold encrusted sushi and went on luxury brand  shopping sprees. Saudi 'fuerdai' drank and partied like no tomorrow in Europe.

Today we have the nouveau rich of China imitating these very corrupt lifestyles on a massive scale.  Of course there are rich Chinese people living normal lives with money earned through honest hard work.  But they tend to be low keyed without media attention.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-11 07:59:11 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-12-10 19:57
I think you are not too familiar with world history.

Many first-world countries have never seen s ...

Yeah.  The excesses of French royalty and Marie Antoinette never existed.  
Nor did the famously snooty and haughty class-conscious English aristocracy in your white-washed history.  
The term 'conspicuous consumption' wasn't coined just recently FYI.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.