Author: SoCalChevy

Traditional Chinese versus Western Medicine   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-8 16:51:21 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2013-12-6 04:00
You may as well ask what is the difference between chalk and cheese.

Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-8 16:51:50 |Display all floors
代可可 Post time: 2013-12-6 13:42
cooperation ie better.

Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-9 13:57:07 |Display all floors
Western medicine looks forward, traditional medicine looks backward (older is better). I often hear some version of the phrase "but people have been using traditional medicine for so long". People used magic for quite some time too. I'll throw astrology, fortune telling, and 'alternative medicines' in there too. Money spinners
When most of the world says you're wrong, then it's probably true

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-9 15:19:12 |Display all floors
Chinese Medicine:
1. Rather to cure by Recovery.
2. Mostly use herbs to boost your failures organs to recover.
3. Need time, because each of us is different, and have different healing/recovery abilities/immune stats

e.g. if you have kidney failure...Chinese med will try to cure your failure the kidney, stage by stage until its fully recovered.

Western Medicine:
1. Fast recovery but by killing of your organs.
2. Use chemicals to kill bacteria as well as your anti-biotics..,then prescribe med to boost back your anti-biotics...that's why whenever you sick or anything...you always have anti-biotics med along with others.

e.g. kidney example...Western will remove your kidney and transplant with another...

盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-9 15:20:06 |Display all floors
CMC Post time: 2013-12-9 13:57
Western medicine looks forward, traditional medicine looks backward (older is better). I often hear  ...

absolutly wrong~
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-9 15:25:37 |Display all floors
Chinese medicine are way advanced thousands of years before...if you read your history properly...Chinese already have operation skills and operation on brain in 3 kingdoms era~ by "Wah Tuo".

Why Chinese medicine are seen lost because in those warring eras in China...most med books are lost/burned...and doctors are killed by raids...so Chinese med skills are passed on...but not much...

So by now, Chinese still have a lot of theories and some evidence that its been done...but the actual how to do it or alchemy on herbs are lost...and now China is trying to revive those lost meds...but it sure takes time...

盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-12-9 15:38:22 |Display all floors
slimpanda Post time: 2013-12-9 15:20
absolutly wrong~

How so?
Just because many people believe something to be true doesn't make it true. There are no regulations or tests required for traditional/alternative medicines. I will give way and say that a few traditional medicines have shown some promise in medicine, but most TCM is nonsense and works through placebo effects and the body's natural immune system.
The main source of my anger towards TCM is the ridiculous cost (higher than western medicine) and how easily doctor's prescribe it. I firmly believe that doctors prescribe such ridiculous amounts of traditional medicine for any ailment because they know it won't really do anything, and because they gain commission from the sales.
When most of the world says you're wrong, then it's probably true

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.