Views: 23244|Replies: 59

Two Japanese men beat and bash and punch a Chinese girl in a brutal attack. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-5-10 02:24:36 |Display all floors
I see in the Sino-Japan section a post by echoecho about the brutal attack on a Chinese woman in Dalian on May 8th, 2004

It is terrible and horrid and wicked for any man to attack any woman, but two men attack and bash and beat a Chinese woman and those two men are Japanese.

This adds insult to injury.

Further to this, some have made the use of the word JAP to be more wicked and evil than the crime of these two Japanese cowards.

Amazing.

American's are called Yanks or Tanks and they accept it.
Australian's are called Aussie or Kangraoo and they accept it.
English are called Brits or Pommies and they accept it.
French are called Frogs or Frenchie and they accept it.

JAP, is simply similar to one or all of the above.

BUT CHINK

" CHINK " as used by hedan has only one meaning, it is a racist insult and he was not only allowed to post that insult, he was given a pat on the back by others for using that insult.

What is the matter with you people.

These Japanese men, these JAPS, broke into the woman's home to attack her, they are evil criminals, how can hedan and gtnbia, twist this around to be the fault of the Chinese woman.

How can they do that ?

Why do they do that ?

Fot 10 very long minutes, they attacked this woman in brutal animal fashion and others can turn it into the Chinese girls fault.

How can that be ?

Here below is the original echoecho post / article

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""'

Echoecho
+ Send message
+ Posts: 80
+ Joined:
   2003-08-17
  Again, it's Japs, those mean islanders...
A Dalian resident surnamed Li shows her injured lips to reporters in hospital May 8, 2004. Li was punched by two Japanese men and a Chinese woman at an apartment of a high-class residential community in Dalian, Northeast China's Liaoning Province. The alleged 2 suspects, Japanese businessmen aged respectively 25 and 50, live next door to Ms Li and her friend Ms Zhang. The two found it unbearable of the Japanese neighbours' 3-night loud sex and knocked at the wall to vent the complaint Saturday night. The Japanese men, along with a Chinese woman, on hearing that, broke into the victims' apartment and brutally attacked the two for 10 minutes until the arrival of local police called by Ms Li. The two badly injured women are now in stable condition at hospital. Local police detained the 3 suspects for further investigation. [newsphoto]

Ms Zhang was beaten black and blue by the 2 Japanese men. She arrived in Dalian on May 2 on a travel, and moved into the appartment her friend Ms li, a real estate agent, rented for her. [newsphoto]

The 50-years-old Japanese man, one of the two suspects, and the Chinese woman, standing back to the camera, are detained at local police station. The police refused to comment, saying the case is still under investigation.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-10 11:43:31 |Display all floors

Japanese is our enemy forever

I am very anger to hear that,  our police will do more about  it . Give us the result of investigation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-10 17:26:14 |Display all floors

Yes it is terrible.

Nanjing 1937 and no apology and they just keep doing these things to China.

Terrible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-10 17:45:21 |Display all floors

It's pretty

embarrassing that someone used the word Chink in this Chinese forum.

I believe that the author who initiated the original post did not intend to insult the Japanese as a whole by using Japs.she was just as pissed off as everyone of us when knowing two scumbags from Japan  that beat up a Chinese woman in our territory.

However,anyone who resorts to use offensive words like Chinks as a tit for tat  on Japanese behalf is simply insulting his/her own intelligence.

I will go no further before it is reduced to another name-calling and personal attacks thread.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-10 17:48:13 |Display all floors

some definitions:

All of these are cut and pasted directly from from dictionary.com.  My own comments are preceded with -------.

Yankee:  n.  A native or inhabitant of New England.
A native or inhabitant of a northern U.S. state, especially a Union soldier during the Civil War.
A native or inhabitant of the United States.

Word History: The origin of Yankee has been the subject of much debate, but the most likely source is the Dutch name Janke, meaning “little Jan” or “little John,” a nickname that dates back to the 1680s. Perhaps because it was used as the name of pirates, the name Yankee came to be used as a term of contempt. It was used this way in the 1750s by General James Wolfe, the British general who secured British domination of North America by defeating the French at Quebec. The name may have been applied to New Englanders as an extension of an original use referring to Dutch settlers living along the Hudson River. Whatever the reason, Yankee is first recorded in 1765 as a name for an inhabitant of New England. The first recorded use of the term by the British to refer to Americans in general appears in the 1780s, in a letter by Lord Horatio Nelson, no less. Around the same time it began to be abbreviated to Yank. During the American Revolution, American soldiers adopted this term of derision as a term of national pride. The derisive use nonetheless remained alive and even intensified in the South during the Civil War, when it referred not to all Americans but to those loyal to the Union. Now the term carries less emotionexcept of course for baseball fans.

------My opinion is that it is not a derogatory label.

------I'm going to skip Tank, because I've never heard of it before.

Aussie:  n. Informal.  A native or inhabitant of Australia.

-----No mention of it being derogatory.

-----The definitions of kangroo refer to the animal only

Brit: n. Informal.  A British person.

-----Again, no mention of it being a derogatory label.

Pommy or Pommie: n. Australian & New Zealand Offensive Slang pl. pom·mies
Used as a disparaging term for a British person, especially a recent immigrant.Used as a disparaging term for a British person, especially a recent immigrant.

-----"Offensive Slang," "A disparaging term."  Perhaps a British forumite could offer his or her opinion...  Geoff??

Frogs: Offensive Slang. Used as a disparaging term for a French person.

-----Again, offensive slang/disparaging term.  Any French forumites here?

-----"Frenchie" is not listed in dictionary.com.

-----And now to the two words in question, Jap and Chink.

Jap: n. Offensive Slang.  Used as a disparaging term for a person of Japanese birth or descent.
[   http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=jap   ]

Chink: n. Offensive Slang.  Used as a disparaging term for person of Chinese birth or descent
[   http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=chink   ]

------Sorry, Inquisition, they're both derogatory and offensive; there's not much difference between the way these two words are used.  That's my opinion, of course, and I offer the above definitions from a reputable source to support my opinion.

D.H.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-10 17:56:49 |Display all floors

embarassing indeed, ashang

My point was not to insult the Chinese; please see my original post in the Sino-Japanese section.

My purpose was to point out that use of the word "Jap" is insulting, and that China Daily is showing bad taste by putting a thread whose title includes the word "Jap" in the recommended threads section.

It's embarassing that China Daily not only allows such language, but actually endorses it.  Extremely embarassing.  I used the word "chink" to exemplify this point.

What's next, nigger and gook?

D.H.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-10 18:03:42 |Display all floors

Tittle

Well for one thing-the incident does not reflect on all Japanese people.  Its an isolated incident .  And I agree with He Dan-the use of word Jap is racist and shows the newspapers bias.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.