Author: sansukong

Australia says “No” to UN wish list of billions – will [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-20 15:53:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-11-19 23:14
I find it very disappointing that you make the cause of climate change denialism yours. It somehow ...

i'm a sceptic rather than a denier, on the basis that the data set is incomplete. An initial issue is that we don't have a robust understanding of solar/orbital contributions to flux.

That makes it illogical to conclude man's proportionate contribution as  we are missing measurements of the whole pie.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-20 15:56:51 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2013-11-19 23:40
Go to any major university in Australia, and see what they teach you about climate change, global  ...
Go to any major university in Australia, and see what they teach you about climate change, global warming,  oceanography. Geology, ....

Actually it is very mainstream except in the minds of liars, , professional liars.

It is mainstream but consensus is not everything, never was, in science. Science is a method of enquiry, just as groupthink is, but the scientific method naturally is conservative.

Anyone can see politics and merchants are heavily infiltrated in this movement, even from the outset, with Al Gore. He deserves his Nobel as much as Obama.

Peas in a pod   
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-20 15:59:20 |Display all floors
And here's a message from our sponsor, Goldman Sachs, brought to you by Aaaaaaal Goooooore
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-20 16:08:02 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2013-11-20 15:53
i'm a sceptic rather than a denier, on the basis that the data set is incomplete. An initial issue ...

when it come to science, the more mainstream the better.

this climate science, as mainstream as Einstein.
as mainstream as Darwin.

of course a rat like you can always side with nutters who surface here and there.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-20 16:18:55 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2013-11-20 15:59
And here's a message from our sponsor, Goldman Sachs, brought to you by Aaaaaaal Goooooore

tell me

why when they tell you there are billions of earth like planets out there...a calculation Nasa released recently, ....you believe them or at least dont take up arms against them?

but when they tell you man's activities and greenhouse gases is the source of this climate change, you talk about Al Gore and Goldman ?

the reason is the latter digs into your pocket?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-20 16:24:15 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2013-11-20 15:53
i'm a sceptic rather than a denier, on the basis that the data set is incomplete. An initial issue ...

poor excuse...................

as if mainstream science is not based on healthy skepticism.

what you have is not skepticism, but rat like behavior.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-20 16:39:15 |Display all floors
There is at least one paper demonstrating that early (19th century) data on carbon dioxide concentration was cherry picked to smooth a fit, rather than include all known measurements, which is what a scientist would do in an attempt to minimise selection bias.

Information bias is also a problem through technological advance in instrumentation. What little we could observe in 1850 changed in the 1950s with radio signals then again in the 1970s with launched weather satellites, many of which are yet to reach other planets to help determine their warming/cooling.

There is still a lot to learn.

Even now we don't know a lot about the measurement of biological carbon, let alone its role in the "carbon cycle", not to mention that water vapour is 95% of GHGs.

I think there is enough reason to justify sitting on the fence.

A fundamental issue though, for now, looks like quantifying the total effect of the sun's activity and its incident to our orbit around it.

Carbon dioxide concentrations have risen. But correlation is not causation. There may be another reason. Variability, for now, might be the reason for 13 years of more or less static temperatures.

Another may be incipient cooling.

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.