When you're strange
No one remembers your name
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange

Lifted from: "eople are Strange" -- the Doors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-13 13:29:44 |Display all floors

Why don't the victims make a claim for compensation?

Show weakness and get bullied, of course.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-13 14:09:23 |Display all floors

government?

where is our government? why not come out to express our feeling?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-13 14:18:11 |Display all floors

government?

where is our government? why not come out to express our feeling?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-13 17:37:47 |Display all floors

instincts

i think  that the beast only has tow instincts, fucking and beating

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-13 20:36:56 |Display all floors

What I don't get is your defense.

seneca,

While I can't quite understand why you do so, you of course can be his apologist, but your logic is flawed.

Your argument position is a common one taken when one is in defense of trying to turn the impulse of the one taking umbrage and trying to focus on that instead of the issue, but I have a question for you.

And apply the logic you are using to the question.

There are several posts in the forum generalizing broadly about certain issues - one for example insinuated that all Americans are racist - and other much lower viewpoints have been presented; again suggesting that "all" or even "most" are such and such a way.

This offended me and I argued against such a generalization because it is untrue.

Now using your logic, is it your assertion that what I am doing is focusing my argument on the racists by speaking out for those that are not, instead of on the person that made the comment or comments?

You also miss an important aspect and it has to do with language - it was not "prostitute" the word he used but "whores" - ask any prostitute if she considers herself a "whore" - or just call her one to her face - and chances are you'll get slapped in the face.

If you care to check, you will find that "whore" is a denigrating term for prostitute so in your blind defense you miss the insult yourself.

No question, as in all countries - although not as blatant as in some - there are sex trade workers - and if that is what they have to do to get by in their life or if that is what they choose to do that is their call and as long as there are men seeking the services of such and industry the industry will exist - and the workers in that industry will continue to feel total disgust for all men they come across within that industry.

Saying, on a Chinese forum, where there may be young school students - females let's say - or office workers trying to get a handle on these non-Chinese that seem to love to criticize and insult China; and who them stumble across such a disgusting comment - is unconscionable - defensive logic or not. To try and turn it into a case of "those who do or may view such a comment about their mother or sister or wife or father or brother as being insulting" as perhaps a social flaw in the insulted - is ludicrous and a gross misrepresentation of the the insult.

His use of f**k in the post - and in his "explanatory" post - is also demonstrative of his intellectual level and nearly as equally offensive if one takes into consideration that this is not exactly advertised as an X-rated forum, but one that is also viewed by adolescents in China as has been witnessed. And no sense in trying to defend that either - insulting a people in a language they don't understand is a prime indicator of intellectual and moral capacity. Go ahead, write it on a forum in the States or someplace or use it in person but it is not exactly an indication of propriety. At least go for creativity if such is possible.

If you want to try and turn it around and try to deflect criticism of your bud by casting blame on me - go for it. I remain unscathed or unapologetic - save for my loss of control and allowing my darker nature to get the better of me momentarily which still gives me heartburn.

When we (better just say I) hear that he has taken his post and translated it and framed it and hung it on the wall of one of the bars in China of which he indicates he is familiar, and displays it to his girlfriend and the workers at wherever he works, and includes the translation of the meaning of "Soooo" as opposed to "So" - and then apologizes to his girlfriends mother and grandmother and aunts and her classmates and etc., and then notes the same post to his male friends and work mates and their fathers and brothers - it could be seen as an apology.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-13 22:59:11 |Display all floors

Proud as Punch!

That is a good thought: let's see this guy hand-out this ugly verbiage in person to those whom he offends.

The language used was rather crass and crude, do we have to have such garbage all over our forum? I am sure I do not operate in the same circle of people as this person. I doubt we will ever meet, another gift to be thankful for!

The decision to make an analogy to this idea for the purpose of this lame point as was given, indicates the nature of this person's perspective, not much of an argument, backed by the basest of examples, dressed in the ugliest of tones, reflects the depths of this person's personality and his focus.

Perhaps this guy should have this work translated and neatly calligraphed, and then framed; surely, he must be very proud! he did not mean to imply all, most, or many. Perhaps he also thinks that torture and humiliation are good forms of intelligence! He should take a picture!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.