Author: allnightlong

Poverty in Malaysia [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-11-9 04:22:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2013-11-9 06:26
1584austin Post time: 2013-11-8 22:01
Hi French boy

I have been to Malaysia and yes a lot of it is like this, dreadful conditions

Yes, the British did build up the prosperity of locations like HK, in a few places in India too. However, this was because there were significant number of British who lived in those areas and needed direct labour (in reasonable conditions) for their workforce.  This came at the expense of even more poverty for people more far away and out of sight of the showcase cities like Mumbai or HK... the overall impact for the colony was what Kbay pointed out.
Should one be thankful for small mercies such as HK or isolated pockets of accidental affluence from colonial masters? I dont think so... One should not need someone to come from far away to rule, exploit and rape the land and throw crumbs  our way for us to be grateful. Asia needs to get away from such a mentality.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.