Views: 1897|Replies: 3

Old dry mom sauce [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-7 15:28:55 |Display all floors
1.jpg

Do you what it is? I tell you. This is old dry mom sauce, in Chinese, it called Lao Gan Ma Sauce.
If you ever go to an Asian foods store, ofcourse you do this is TL we are talking about, youmight have seen this. But of course you might be scared to buy it or try it outbut have no fear THIS STUFF IS GOOD!

This chilli sauce is not that spicy but it certainly adds a lot of flavor todishes. It goes literally with everything, ramen, dumplings, noodles, ricedishes, and tons of other stuff. The main flavor they make isspicy black bean sauce, and in my opinion that flavor taste the best. There arealso other flavors you can try, but beware to my knowledge there is one typethat has peanuts in it. Watch out for that if you have or you know people withallergies. It apparently goes well with A LOT of western foods too, but Ihaven't tried.

When you go to an Asian foods store, ask the clerk for a jar of chilli saucewith picture of an old grandma on it and they will know what you are talkingabout. Yes old dry mom is the literal translation,but remember literal translations are not the most accurate.

Extra note I like to add: This brand is actually really respectable and popularin mainland China,so knowing china..... There is a cheap bootlegged brand called Lao Gan Ba,meaning old dry dad instead. Don't buy the fake dad sauce, buy the real momsauce! The real deal is the tasty one.

At least to me the sauce is not that hot, because I eat spicy stuff all thetime. But if you are not some one who can handle a lot of spicy stuff, don'tadd that much to your food.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2013-11-7 18:16:52 |Display all floors
good,thanks!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 23:21:12 |Display all floors
The translation...{:soso_e101:}
I won't say "old dry mom"...
Thus have I heard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-9 20:52:48 |Display all floors
dolehowyee Post time: 2013-11-7 23:21
The translation...
I won't say "old dry mom"...

Hey Austin,- lets go grab a granny.  
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.