Author: INFINITEBAEK

How many “World No.1” titles does China have?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-11-7 15:17:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by bravos at 2013-11-7 15:22
messi30 Post time: 2013-11-7 15:14
Probably most of them dreaming to go abroad. My best wishes for them.

China enjoys the most prodigious examination industry in the world, with English leading far ahead of the others!
Bravos

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 15:20:16 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2013-11-7 15:14
Probably most of them dreaming to go abroad. My best wishes for them.

maybe only a tiny part of them want to go abroad, most of them, i think, are forced to learn it in order to pass the exam!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 15:49:35 |Display all floors
aaooq Post time: 2013-11-7 15:20
maybe only a tiny part of them want to go abroad, most of them, i think, are forced to learn it in ...

The last year more than 250,000 chinese came back China after studied a career abroad and another big number stayed abroad.

It´s not a tiny number but the trend to go abroad is getting big.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 20:13:38 |Display all floors
its all about economy of scale.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 21:08:48 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-11-7 19:35
China has the biggest number of lung cancer patients in the world.

With the youngest patient with lung cancer, a 8 years old girl.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 21:09:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-11-7 19:41
China is the home country of the most illegal emigrants in the world.

Quite right.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-11-7 21:17:34 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-11-7 21:12
What a shame!

China's Youngest Lung Cancer Case is an 8-Year-Old Girl
Media reports have indicated that an eight-year-old girl has become China's youngest lung cancer patient. Doctors have blamed pollution as the direct cause of her illness.

The girl, whose name was not given, lives near a major road in the eastern province of Jiangsu, said Xinhuanet, the website of China's official news agency.

It quoted Jie Fengdong, a doctor at Jiangsu Cancer Hospital in Nanjing, as saying she had been exposed to harmful particles and dust over a long period of time.

Lung cancer cases among children are extremely rare, with the average age for diagnosis at about 70, according to the American Cancer Society.

But the incidence of the disease has skyrocketed in China as the country's rapid development has brought with it deteriorating air quality, particularly in urban areas.

Lung cancer deaths in China have multiplied more than four times over the past 30 years, according to Beijing's health ministry. Cancer is now the leading cause of death in the smog-ridden capital.

The report of the eight-year-old girl's diagnosis comes after choking smog enveloped the northeastern city of Harbin two weeks ago, bringing flights and ground transport to a standstill and forcing schools to shut for several days, with visibility in some areas reduced to less than 50 metres.

At the height of the smog, the city's levels of PM2.5 -- the smallest, most dangerous type of airborne particle -- reached 1,000 micrograms per cubic metre, 40 times the World Health Organization's recommended standard.

High levels of PM2.5 have been linked to health problems including lung cancer and heart disease.

Read more:  China's Youngest Lung Cancer Case is an 8-Year-Old Girl | Medindia http://www.medindia.net/news/chinas-youngest-lung-cancer-case-is-an-8-year-old-girl-127363-1.htm#ixzz2jxuiMQYU

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.